Author Topic: Am I going to look good bald? I want to shave tomorrow!  (Read 14433 times)

Offline Erick Basoukos

• Learning the way of Sly
Am I going to look good bald? I want to shave tomorrow!
« on: April 02, 2015, 09:56:21 PM »
Hello guys!
I'm new here, and I would like to listen a real opinion from who faced it and have no problem telling me the true! Always when I ask my relatives they say i would look horible as if I have cancer....
The think is I am 17 and my hair started falling when I was abou 14. Since I'm 16 I want to shave as see if its going to look ok, but i'm afraid abou beeing to akward, because I never saw someone with my age bald....
What do you think guys? Am I going to look like if I have cancer? Should I shave it?

thank you! And sorry for my bad english!

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Am I going to look good bald? I want to shave tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 12:40:35 AM »
Erick,  Try out the shave.  I think it is likely that it will look good.  If not, you can let it grow back. 

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 12:50:55 AM »
Welcome, Erick! No harm in giving it a try, but if your parents disapprove, you might want to wait until 18 to do it.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 03:14:35 AM »
Give it a try, it will always grow back
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline beardbald

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 10:11:58 AM »
Your hair looks fine, there's no need to shave unless you want to

Offline Nickd

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 10:19:34 AM »
Eric, I'm on day three of shaving my head. I have a dark tone skin, live in northern NH where spring has yet to arrive and when I shaved my head it was as snow. You will look a bit odd from a color perspective until you can get some sun on your head to even it out. Having said that, it is well worth the few days it'll take to safely tan your bald head. I'm sure there will be a few people who point out the obvious, but don't let it distract you from your goal. You have to start somewhere and everyone will soon forget how your head was white. Try joking along with them, if they see that you aren't bothered by a white head, it will be a non issue. At least that is my experience so far.

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 02:38:20 AM »
Your hair looks fine, there's no need to shave unless you want to
+1 way too soon to be shaving in my opinion.

Offline YoungSlyBaldGuy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 06:59:37 AM »
I think you'll probably look good. I always think guys with dark hair and a good hair line pull it off pretty well.

There will always be people who don't support shaving your head, but others will comment on how they can't do it because "their head is shaped funny," which is something we all believe until we actually do it.

Best of luck, man.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 04:02:19 PM »
You may look good with a shaved.  But As one other person said, you may want to wait until you're 18 and maybe moved out of their home.  While you may have some thinning in the crown, I suspect you may still be able to comb it over!  Anyway good luck!

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 10:00:53 PM »
Acho que voce tem muito pelo. E muito posivel que quando tem 21+ anos que voce fica sem muito...por que nao esperar ate que esse tempo?

Quando eu estava no Brasil notava que muitos homens tinham o "buzz"...aqui nos Estados Unidos se usa um "clipper" com niveis varios pra aumentar a corta. Porque nao prova o buzz com o 3 em cima/2 ao lado...(3 on the top, 2 on the sides),

Perdona o meu portunol....
If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2016, 05:11:21 PM »
The only way to really know how youll look is to give it a try. That said, i think yiu would be one hell of a good looking guy if you shave it. I used to be in the camp of thise who say only guyscwith just thevrightvshape head look good with a shaved head. But ever since j actually did it, i have realized those people are wrong. Infact i think the opposite is actually true. Most guys would look good with a shaved head, if only they have the confidence to say, hey, look, im bald, and im proud if it.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2016, 10:19:29 PM »
Erik:

How will you look?  You will not look like you have cancer because you will still have your eyebrows and good skin color.  You will look like a guy who chose to shave his head as a hairstyle - and you will look great.

Two "Buts":

1.  If your parents really object to your doing this you should respect their wishes as long as you live under their roof.

2.  If you do shave it, you must observe the 30 day rule - no "buts" about that!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2016, 11:42:15 PM »
Guys, you do realize that this thread is more than a year old, right? The OP should definitely be 18, maybe even 19 by now and hasn't checked back in, so...
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline kerryman

• Sly
  • Life is what you make of it
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2016, 01:11:27 PM »
I used to shave me head a lot as teen .If you want to try it maybe do a number 2 or 3 first .It was in fashion a few years ago so most guys were shaving the old head. If you don't like it let it grow back.I used to shave with a number 2 .Quite liked it .if i had hair id probably be still cutting it a two .
Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??

Offline Riddik

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2016, 04:50:37 AM »
Your hair looks fine