Author Topic: Is anyone still on the board?  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
Re: Is anyone still on the board?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2024, 11:43:22 AM »
I am still here. Grew some winter fuzz in February. Shaved it. Grew some fuzz again. Why I don?t know. Probably to check in on how much more hair Mother Nature has taken. lol. Ready for warm weather and getting a little tan on my head.

Offline Ethan

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2024, 12:41:35 PM »
I haven't been here in a while but I just checked today.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2024, 12:44:07 PM »
@Razorhead , I hear ya, why do we keep trying to grow some hair. I grew mine back in February, and after 3 weeks trimmed it to a horseshoe flattop. For once, I thought it looked darn good, so at 5 weeks I attempted another trim. I shaved the sides and back and tried blending the sides with A 0000 blade. Well, I went too high and there was no saving it, so out came the razor! I'm always amazed how great it feels to have a smooth bald head again.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Josh-Mtl

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2024, 03:16:11 PM »
Thanks for your support guys! I'll make a post about it with pictures if I don't get cold feet again  ;D

Offline Bencito

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2024, 11:51:16 PM »
I find that this forum is a great resource despite not having a lot of recent activities. I use the search function quite a bit when I have specific questions or topics related to head shaving.

I am a member of various bald groups on Facebook and read the posts from r bald on Reddit from time to time. I think many guys still struggle with going bald or wanting to be bald by choice. I hope they also discover this forum with great information.

I remember that I went to a restaurant with my colleagues a few months ago and saw a balding young man with a severe combover. It is not common to see young guys sporting such a combover nowadays, and he kept looking at me. I was guessing that he was looking at my shaved head and might be wondering if it was an option for him.

All the best to those members who decide to go for the laser hair removal route. I watched some videos and were amazed with how clean and smooth the bald head looks after completing various sections of laser hair removal.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2024, 08:10:58 AM »
It has been three years since I got my scalp micro pigmentation done and this coming Wednesday I have an appointment to get a touchup session done on my scalp

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2024, 03:16:42 PM »
I check in every now and again to see what is going on.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2024, 10:25:39 AM »
I look in periodically. Doing #1 buzz cut all winter, so I didn?t fell the urge to add my two cents. This site use to be so active ,how things change.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2024, 06:30:04 AM »
When I joined this site 11 years ago, it was very active every day. It helped me immensely when I first shaved my head. I wonder if it is less active because shaved heads are so mainstream these days. Ten or fifteen years ago, sporting a shaved head was much less popular or common. Now, a bald head is just another haircut choice, so newbies need less support.

I actually liked it more 10 years ago! I enjoyed catching people giving me a second look, or asking questions about my shaved head. And also the random gal that asked to feel my head.

Anyway, I still think a freshly shaved head looks awesome, and I still give another "baldie" the head nod. I don't think our style will lose it's popularity anytime soon. We all know that once you keep your head shaved for a month or two, it's hard to stop!
Bald by choice, and loving it!