Author Topic: Sensitive skin on face  (Read 8620 times)

bald Luck14

Sensitive skin on face
« on: August 07, 2014, 02:30:03 PM »
I have very sensitive skin on my face. I use Gillette Fusion razor and Gillette sensitive skin shaving cream, but after I shave I get sore spots and it hurts/burns.

If I don't shave for about 4 days, then when I shave it does not hurt and there's minor irritation. But if I shave everyday or every other day, it feels so bad.

Any advice guys on making shaving on a daily basis less of an issue. Thanks for your support.

Offline Fondlheine

• Sly Jr.
  • Lost in the wreckage...
Re: Sensitive skin on face
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 03:27:55 PM »
With a fusion, you're dragging 5 blades across your face - you might want to try a Mach3 - less blades = less skin/metal contact. 

If I use a cart, I use the 2 blade BIC's I find at the 99 cent store and I have no problems (and my skin is sensitive - mostly on my head).

Also, lighter pressure on the razor (let the razor do the work) and maybe a different cream (I would suggest something like T&H Ultimate Comfort)

bald Luck14

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 04:27:11 PM »
Thanks for the advice!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 03:20:55 PM »
Also, choose a different shave cream, like Cremo Cream or Pacific Shaving Cream.  You may even want to try a shaving oil.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Smoothsmil

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 11:11:43 PM »
I have already understood to follow.

Offline wvheadshaver

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 04:18:00 PM »
I have the same problem, which is why I often can't shave everyday, whether it comes to my head or face. I have no real advice since I too have that problem, but you are not alone! When I had my goatee really long, it was always a pain trying to shave my neckline, and get it close and slick. When I had that look, I liked to keep my mustache shaved slick, and my neckline clean, but I usually had to wait a good 3 days for that and even then usually it was still just a bit sensitive to the shave. I don't think I will truly ever find a good solution for my face/neck. Which is why I try to keep a good goatee or beard, less to shave, haha!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 10:39:37 PM »
Yeah, I really like the Pacific pre-shave oil and the Pacific shave cream in a tube.  They are my very favorites.  If I run out of those I use Magic shave oil and Proraso shave cream in a tube which I can get at my local Walmart.

Offline gwsmallwood

• Sly
  • AZ Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 08:50:47 AM »
Consider a safety razor.  They take some time to learn, and there is a period of experimenting to see what razor / blade combo works best, but I can now shave daily with no discomfort (to head, face, or wallet) using the safety razor. 

Offline GerardDiaz

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 12:45:48 AM »
Moisturizing will help a lot.

Offline ARGANLife

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 02:49:20 AM »
after shave you can use argan oil on your face. adding a little argan oil to the skin immedialtely after shaving can help you to alleviate some of the discomfort of left behind scrapes, bumps or burns.

Offline Denis Fisher

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 02:49:36 AM »
I also have sensitive skin and my wife advised me to use aloe Vera gel it relieves the irritation and dryness.

Offline Vexxed92

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2018, 01:49:26 PM »
Man, I've always suffered from having a sensitive face, no matter what I try I get red bumps on my neck.