Author Topic: We truly are EVERYWHERE!  (Read 2121 times)

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
We truly are EVERYWHERE!
« on: March 27, 2014, 09:28:13 PM »
Maybe it's just the notice-everyone-who-looks-like-you syndrome, but the shaved-head look seems to be increasingly common and mainstream.  I'm glad that not everyone does it--I still like being different--but I'm glad that a noticeable percentage of men have gone for the smooth-scalp look.  I went with some union colleagues to Annapolis (Maryland General Assembly is in session, including, of course, the budget decisions).  Several gents in the union have slick domes, and so did several legislative aides.  I went out to a small restaurant with some friends, and there were two other guys besides me with shaved heads.  I had an interesting conversation with a gent at a warm-springs pool (he volunteers as a companion/counselor for cancer patients, and one topic he helps them with is coping with hair loss).  I recently saw, on my Facebook page, some photos of FB Friends I hadn't realized shaved their heads--so I complimented them for their good grooming.  Out of 260-some Friends, at least 20 have slick domes.  I'm still a little shy about commenting on the bald look to guys that I don't know--but a couple of men I hadn't met have pointed out in public that "we have the same haircut!"  We truly are everywhere!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
Re: We truly are EVERYWHERE!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 10:46:49 PM »
Hi EarlBald

I've found that having a shaved head is a great way to make an introduction to other similarly shaved men.  I have spoken to a few at my gym who probably wanted to speak but were too nervous and that conversation has led to further conversations.  It truly is a brotherhood.
Roger