Author Topic: Nair for the Head?  (Read 56493 times)

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
Nair for the Head?
« on: January 31, 2007, 11:05:26 AM »
Does anyone know of head products such as "Nair" that can be used in between shaving to stop the regeneration of hair?

I saw a product at walgreens last night but it was "specifically formulated for the black male".

I asked a few co-workers and I was told that the skin of black men and white men is different (with black men its more "oily")

Anyway...just looking for a product that can slow the process so I dont have to shave every three days.

Thanks!

Its a typical situation in these typical times...

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Nair for the Head?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 11:45:36 AM »
Does anyone know of head products such as "Nair" that can be used in between shaving to stop the regeneration of hair?

I saw a product at walgreens last night but it was "specifically formulated for the black male".

I asked a few co-workers and I was told that the skin of black men and white men is different (with black men its more "oily")

Anyway...just looking for a product that can slow the process so I dont have to shave every three days.

Thanks!

We have discussed this before, and that is about the only thing you're gonna find. From what I understand it will leave chemical burns and irritate lighter skin. Shaving every three days isn't bad. Most of us shave at least once a day with maybe one day of rest on the weekend or something like that.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

BaldRob

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 11:48:14 AM »
Hi jasandalb and welcome to SBG.

Even though you have an OSU avatar, I'll help you out with your question!

Right now, there are no Nair type products designed for the head.  All of those types of products specifically state not to use on the scalp.

I'm not sure if anyone here uses Magic Shave, which is probably one of the products you saw in Walgreens.

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 11:53:05 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys!
I am rather new so I am still stumbling my way around the site and going through all the topics.

I will try magic shave...I'll go to walgreens tonight and get the name of the other stuff I saw and post it up here..

BaldRob...I take it you are either from Michigan or Florida?

BaldRob

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 12:00:32 PM »

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 12:25:38 PM »
welcome. geaux TIGERS.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 12:43:17 PM »
I am rather new so I am still stumbling my way around the site and going through all the topics.

I will try magic shave...I'll go to walgreens tonight and get the name of the other stuff I saw and post it up here..

Welcome man!  Make sure you get the most mild Magic Shave that you can!  Also, follow the instructions carefully.  Some of my friends use it and they say you have to be VERY careful.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 12:51:27 PM »

Welcome man!  Make sure you get the most mild Magic Shave that you can!  Also, follow the instructions carefully.  Some of my friends use it and they say you have to be VERY careful.

WILL DO!!

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 02:39:16 PM »
Veet?  It says not for the head ... but ...

http://www.veet.ie/products_men.shtml

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 02:56:28 PM »
Veet?  It says not for the head ... but ...

http://www.veet.ie/products_men.shtml

Are you referring to the waxing strips or the gel?

I checked on the gel and this is what is says:

Can I use depilatory products on my face?
Men should never wax their face or remove facial hair with chemicals. Facial hair growth is far too tough for either of these methods and facial skin is too sensitive.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 03:13:18 PM »
The gel.  Women use such stuff on their face don't they?  At least my old girlfriend did ... oh no wait, maybe that explains her condition...  g@@4    ;D

p.s. 100 posts, i'm official sly! Think i'll go and shave to celebrate!   :XX
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 03:15:50 PM by Blagadán »

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 05:37:58 PM »
I wouldn't ever want to nair my head, and only haveing to shave every 3 days would be a gift from god. I shave daily and have a 5 o'clock in like 4 hours.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 05:44:04 PM »
The gel.  Women use such stuff on their face don't they?  At least my old girlfriend did ... oh no wait, maybe that explains her condition...  g@@4    ;D

p.s. 100 posts, i'm official sly! Think i'll go and shave to celebrate!   :XX

Woohoo!!! congrats

B@^
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 05:50:15 PM »
I tried that Nair for men on my head once, and well let's put it this way, I didn't go outside for a week, and I was wearing an ice bag on my head. oohhhhh the pain !!!!
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 06:07:45 PM »
I tried that Nair for men on my head once, and well let's put it this way, I didn't go outside for a week, and I was wearing an ice bag on my head. oohhhhh the pain !!!!

I knew we could find someone with the actual experience.....lol