Author Topic: New to shaving and I'm miserable...  (Read 10841 times)

Offline FClef

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Who are they? Why are they eating my brain?
    • My Band
Re: New to shaving and I'm miserable...
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2008, 03:23:59 PM »
After giving my head a rest for a few days I shaved again today. I used soap to clean the scalp with one of those shower puffy sponges. I used the apricot scrub next. I applied shaving oil generously around and topped that off with Head Slick. I went to town then with my Panasonic Linear. I kept at it until I got everything I could feel. I found out that the small valleys that my shaver could not reach could be conquered if I pushed down on my scalp and let the skin rise to the razor instead of me digging for it. After I got everything clean I reapplied some Head Slick and felt around for missed spots. There weren't many and I quickly dispatched them with the Panasonic. I rinsed off my head and felt around a little more but I really did not detect too much. I then did a cold water rinse and toweled off. The little areas I could now feel I hit quick with my Mach 3. I applied some Head Lube and I have a smooth shave. I am thinking that I will continue skipping a few days to let the hair grow for awhile because it seems I got better results that way.

Just thought I would update everyone.
"Human beings can always be relied upon to assert, with vigor, their God-given right to be stupid"
Dean Koontz - Seize The Night

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
Re: New to shaving and I'm miserable...
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2008, 11:54:55 AM »
I can't give any advice for electric shaving, cause I won't do it...but I have a problem area at the nape of my neck and my crown grows funny. My advice here is pretty simple...but it's very important.
DON'T PRESS HARD
Pressing down more with the razor doesn't cut hair better, it tenderizes your scalp, which will give you the ouchies. I can shave my head for 15 minutes if I want...I keep it well lubricated (I use SOAP, not even shaving cream/gel anymore) and pass LIGHTLY over my head. It's a RAZOR we're talking about. If you pass it over the hair at the right angle, the super sharp blade will cut it. The same is said about your head if you press down too much.

Enter your email address: