Author Topic: Things I love about being SLY  (Read 31586 times)

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
Re: Things I love about being SLY
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 11:11:14 PM »
I'm 20 and being bald...makes me look a little more "mature" I think
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline johnnybebald

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 02:54:52 AM »

SORRY DUDE! baby face ain't really helpin ya! you still look like you're only 16 to me! but then, what do i know, everyone else says the same thing about me lol ha! im 22 i get and i get carded everytime i try to buy beer! and the tattoos don't help either, people always ask me how i convinced my parents to let me get tattoos ha!

Offline Iconic

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 04:23:20 AM »
Thirtysomething and looking the part. Generally people can guess my age. Blaah.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2010, 10:35:28 AM »
At 65, I refuse to talk about age.  I'm lucky that I currently don't have any health issued.  Thank goodness.  Back to the original dialogue-When I had hair, I had these bumps/pimples that would come on my head.  Don't know what they were other than very throbbing painful.  I recently realized that I no longer have this problem.  The other good thing about being sly is that you become soooo Damn good looking lol.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2010, 09:10:14 PM »

Maybe we should rename the forum to Sly Bald Guys Club 21  >:D

But then what would we do with some of the old geezers who hang around here? >:D

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2010, 10:29:45 PM »
But then what would we do with some of the old geezers who hang around here? >:D
Get the hell off my lawn!

>:D

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2010, 10:35:45 PM »
My wife likes not having to hear "could you roll up your window honey, it's messing up my hair" when we're driving!  ::)

Just for the record, I'm old enough to know and still too young to resist.  O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Paddling outrigger w/Princess Kahuna-Maui coast
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2010, 12:17:51 AM »
Aloha Slys:

Am I the oldest, old Sly fart in the "Club" -  I'll be 69 on July 20th?

In May, 2008,  when I was sporting a gray, Crusty the clown horseshoe and had never heard of the Sly Bald Guys, my wife at the time said I'd look younger if I began shaving. I think she was right and whether or not anybody else does really doesn't matter-I love the look and wish I'd done 10 years prior.

I agree with all of the reasons why I like being sly PLUS two more: some of you "older" members know I create T-shirts for the bald community-I became passionate about my business: www.baldisbold.net within a few months of going Sly and the second reason is being able to become friends with Tyler, our "cool" leader. Tyler and me have had beers together and plan aon having more soon as I'm back from Maui and living in No. CA. I still plan on giving all Sly Bald Guys discounts on shirts. My new site is under construction and should be done in 7-10 days, at which time Tyler said I could make an announcement to all about the discounts.                          Mahalo for your patience with me in getting organized.

Allen, the bold, bald Kahuna

Bald Kahuna

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2010, 01:12:50 AM »

SORRY DUDE! baby face ain't really helpin ya! you still look like you're only 16 to me! but then, what do i know, everyone else says the same thing about me lol ha! im 22 i get and i get carded everytime i try to buy beer! and the tattoos don't help either, people always ask me how i convinced my parents to let me get tattoos ha!
curse my adorable baby face!
I am 6'1 290 pounds though, so I think that helps the "16" year old look as well
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2010, 01:27:26 AM »
A special Aloha to you Mike,

You said it so well when commenting about Argyle ane how comfortable is being Sly.
Some of you may have read the post Tyler did about my recent experience in which I was in the hospital and rehab for 6 weeks with a very rare condition known as Guillain-Barre Syndrome- in fact it si so rare that only one in 150,000 men and women are struck with it. Now that I am walking again-having put the walker and cane in storage, I plan to be more active on the forum. If your interested in this syndrome here is the link;        

http://www.webmd.com/brain/tc/guillain-barre-syndrome-topic-overview

If you have further interest is the symptoms please let me know and I'll send you a short summary. My thanks to all who read what Tyler so kindly wrote and for your prayers and energy that were sent my way. I'm blessed to be vertical and somewhat active again-the fatality rate is 4%.

Mahalo again, Allen
Bald Kahuna

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2010, 06:13:54 AM »
Allen, congrats on beating that dissease!!! O0  I had a near-horizontal  :XX experience about a year and a half ago, and I now count my blessings everyday that I wake up!   O0  It's great to be alive and still kicking  O:O

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2010, 06:18:33 AM »
Morthen, enjoy your young look!  I got carded at a Burger King recently because I asked for the senior drink and was told I didn't look old enough (minimum age 50), so looking young is a wonderful thing when you get old  and being sly does hide the gray!!  :)  Your chin fuzz does put you in the adult catagory, so don't lose it anytime soon!  8)

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2010, 04:23:05 PM »
Aloha Nonick,

Yes, I wake up every morning and thank the lord for his blessings.

Great story about the senior drink at Burger King. I've been with Tyler on the forum about two yuears and during that time I've seen a big increase in the number of guys in their 20's and 30's visit the forum either asking for advice whether or not to become Sly or have already done the deed. This fact helps the youthful cause of us Sly guys over 50-60 because of the general public's perception of age and association with the youth as it relates to hair(or lack thereof).

Where do you live? I'm asking because maybe I'm close to that same Burger King... I'd even drive a long distance just to ask for the senior drink special!

Have a good one...God Bless.
Bald Kahuna

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2010, 06:23:07 PM »
Get the hell off my lawn!

>:D

OK, OK ... you don't have to go all Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino on  us.     :*))      #u#T3r
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 06:24:57 PM by Razor X »

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2010, 08:59:39 PM »
That wascally wabbit!   :/O