Author Topic: First Straight Razor Shave EVER for me  (Read 3116 times)

Offline DarkseekerSmooth

• Learning the way of Sly
  • A smooth head is a gift to yourself.
First Straight Razor Shave EVER for me
« on: February 09, 2017, 10:46:32 AM »
Ever since I was a kid, I have LOVED straight razors. I always wanted a genuine old fashioned one with a real blade, so knowing that it was hard upkeep was always off-putting for me.
Now that I am an adult and have learned to settle, I decided to order myself the Classic Samurai Shavette.
I figured it would be a good start razor. It was only $14 on amazon, including a box of 100 razors, so there wasn't much of a downside.

To keep this short, here are some photos from my first ever shave with a straight razor.
I attached one image to this post, but the others are in this imgur link. (which i hope is allowed)

I censored the blood and such, as I cut myself getting a little too confident too fast, just in case it's not allowed on here.
I only gave myself 4 little cuts, and only 2 bled for more than a second. Various small nicks, but not that bad if I say so myself.
I touched it all up with a regular gilette at the end.

Practice makes perfect, so for the next few months, I'm sure I'll be improving.

Offline Lasamin2609

• Sly Jr.
Re: First Straight Razor Shave EVER for me
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 03:30:20 AM »
I really like your smooth head...
i also use razor to shave my head...
it's very fun.But I'm not as skilled as you...HEHE

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 07:15:42 AM »
 Now I can see. Why the safety razor was invented.   >:D
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 12:15:21 PM »
There is very much a learning curve to using the straight razor/shavette on your head. I have owned a shavette for three years and have just gotten around to proficiently shaving my head with it. Not long after I bought it, I suffered a cut right above my left ear about the length of the entire blade and thought I'd never use it again. I therefore went awhile not attempting to shave my head with it. I first learned how to use it on my face to shape my beard up and within the past couple of months, I've been using my shavette on my head on the weekends and LOVE it! It just takes time and technique. Make sure you also get a blade that is sharp enough but also very forgiving so that you don't easily cut yourself.