Author Topic: Fun with chromedome friends  (Read 3115 times)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
Fun with chromedome friends
« on: April 08, 2007, 11:40:19 PM »
I am assuming that some of you may have already had friends who were sporting the "sly" look before you joined SBG. But I am wondering if you had any humorous experiences with them in relation to your "sly' look.

Anyway about 3 weeks ago I had a fun time with a friend as we were in the giant IKEA  (which is a Swedish home furnishings superstore) near Seattle.

You see, my friend Ted and myself for years have been asked if we were related or brothers.   8) In fact, Ted's sister-in-law thought I looked like I was part of her husband's family.  This is even before either one of us shaved our heads.  Ted and I are both 9 months apart in age, the same height, have weight problems, drive Cavaliers, are Christians who have or had served on worship teams at church, and have had similar life experiences.  So even the both of us kid each other that we were brothers and one had been adopted out. :'(

Anyway, Ted has had classic MPB since I have know him since our late 20's.  Finally in his mid 40's he had a very thin horseshoe.  In my mid 30's I started to have noticeable thinning, so I shaved my head.  After that I started to gently suggest to Ted, that he try shaving it.  Finally he has done it and is rocking the "sly" look.   :o

So getting back to IKEA.  When we walked into the door, there was this greeter and her mouth dropped open when she saw the two of us.  She thought she was seeing double.  We talked to her for a few minutes and upon showing her our ID's, we convinced her that we were NOT related.  But I thought it was pretty funny and told her of the other times that people thought we were related. :*))

Later on as we were leaving the store, there was another chunky "sly" guy who was a IKEA employee.  As he turned around, I said, "nice haircut".  ::) He then told me that he was going to say the same thing to the both of us but I said it first before he had a chance to.  At this point, Ted and I both told him about the HeadBlade and associated products.  Consensus was that the bald look was so much better than balding!  But the dude really seemed to enjoy the fellowship of the bald and the hints.

Anyway, I thought this story was at least mildly humorous.  So has anyone had some similar experiences with look alike friends or telling other chromedomes about HeadBlade or even Sly Bald Guys?  ;D

Bald_freak

Re: Fun with chromedome friends
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 02:40:13 PM »
Back in my college days a buddy of mine (also a bald bro) had an idea for a holloween costume. We were going to have one of our lay day friends paint a nipple on top of our domes and see if we could enter one  of the local contests as "a pair of tits". We ended up too drunk, played PS2 all night, and never left the house. I still think it would of been funny as hell :*)) :*)) :*))