Author Topic: COPPERTONE SPORT SPF 50 ULTRA SWEATPROOF  (Read 13013 times)

Offline alotaforehead

• Learning the way of Sly
COPPERTONE SPORT SPF 50 ULTRA SWEATPROOF
« on: August 06, 2006, 02:10:43 PM »
Hello my baldheaded breathren!!

Living in Hawaii has taken it's toll on my preferred baldness until the last few months.  There is a new product out there and it's made by Coppertone..in fact it's called Coppertone Sport Sunscreen Lotion...Ultra Sweatproof, Waterproof, ect...SPF 50.  I must say this stuff is awesome!!  I don't know about you guys but I sweat a lot from my scalp and being in the sun with a moist head is like a magnifying glass when it comes to being in the sun.  I can't stand wearing a hat or cap but this stuff really works...and it lasts forever.  Better yet, when you put it on you aren't left with that greasy slimy feeling on your hands or scalp and it's waterproof as well.  I'm telling you this stuff really works and...it's reasonably priced (I think under 10 bucks for 8 oz). 

Just trying to keep us on top!!

Peace ;D

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: COPPERTONE SPORT SPF 50 ULTRA SWEATPROOF
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 02:33:04 PM »
Awesome!  I'm going to have to try it out.  Thanks for letting us know about it.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 07:19:50 PM »
My wife happened to buy this sun screen for me without me asking for it.  I used it when I went to the Giants game this weekend and it worked great!  I didn't have an oily head and didn't get burned!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline robert

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Running in the Halls
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 10:40:13 PM »
in the blue tube?  Oh yeah.  I've been using the 30-48 for a few years.  That stuff rules.  I can go out and play soccer for 2 hours in mid-summer and not even get pink.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 12:30:01 AM »
Wow that's pretty impressive.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Jay

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 11:39:20 AM »
I just bought some Nutrogena.

States on the front that its non-comedogenic.

That's a good thing.

Being new to the clean scalp, I don't want to litter it with zits right away.

Offline jeffnyc

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 11:34:29 AM »
i have found that the coppertone sport takes 3 soapings in the shower to wash off and my clothes smell like sunblock for months after.

i mentioned to my dermatologist that every sunblock i use (no matter how far away from the eyes i apply) eventually makes its way into my eyes causing irritation.  he recommended Anthelios (with Mexoryl) - Brand L SPF 60.  Just approved by the FDA and has been used in europe for years.  since then, i've been reading a lot about it in different magazines.  it's supposed to provided better protection than anything on the market.

regarding eye irritation or how well it stays on, i haven't been out biking or running this spring.  i'll let you know if it does or doesn't irritate my eyes (i don't think it will.  i've been with my dermatologist for years and he's never steered me wrong).

Offline DavidTX

• Sly Jr.
  • GSG Tech Guy Keeping It Sly
    • Gallery of Before and After going Sly
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 07:56:54 PM »
I have to agree with JeffNYC that Coppertone sport takes a bit to scrub off and the smell of it lingers, but I have been using the continuous spray type for a few years and it's great if you're applying it by yourself.  We go on a cruise with a large group for the past 5 years, and I see buddies every year miss areas especially on their heads and backs and end up with severe burns.

Sam's Club usually sells a multi-pack (2 or 3) at a reasonable price.  Been using the SPF30 for years at a product table this year, I got told "Oh they make one just for you, and was handed SPF70.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 04:54:01 PM »
I just (today) bought a tube of the Coppertone 70 in preparation for the golf, kayak, fishing season. I'll post up on it as soon as I try it out.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline houseboatwayne

Re: Re: Re: COPPERTONE SPORT SPF 50 ULTRA SWEATPROOF
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 06:28:47 PM »
i have found that the coppertone sport takes 3 soapings in the shower to wash off and my clothes smell like sunblock for months after.

i mentioned to my dermatologist that every sunblock i use (no matter how far away from the eyes i apply) eventually makes its way into my eyes causing irritation.  he recommended Anthelios (with Mexoryl) - Brand L SPF 60.  Just approved by the FDA and has been used in europe for years.  since then, i've been reading a lot about it in different magazines.  it's supposed to provided better protection than anything on the market.

regarding eye irritation or how well it stays on, i haven't been out biking or running this spring.  i'll let you know if it does or doesn't irritate my eyes (i don't think it will.  i've been with my dermatologist for years and he's never steered me wrong).

Do you need a subscription for this?

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
Re: Re: Re: COPPERTONE SPORT SPF 50 ULTRA SWEATPROOF
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 10:47:45 AM »

Do you need a subscription for this?
;)  I do believe so.  Sorry to took so long to get back.
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 07:20:22 PM »
I have a real problem with sunscreen burning my eyes - can really ruin a round of golf or the drive home!

I did find a sunscreen that seemed to work much better. I think it's a generic version of the coppertone as the bottle looks very similar. I'll have to find it and take a look for the name (winter here, so don't need it right now and it's buried in my golf bag), but it is from either Lawton's Drugs or Shopper's Drug Mart (in Atlantic Canada)

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 03:53:24 PM »
I have a real problem with sunscreen burning my eyes - can really ruin a round of golf or the drive home!

I did find a sunscreen that seemed to work much better. I think it's a generic version of the coppertone as the bottle looks very similar. I'll have to find it and take a look for the name (winter here, so don't need it right now and it's buried in my golf bag), but it is from either Lawton's Drugs or Shopper's Drug Mart (in Atlantic Canada)
I agree, I use it everyday  cheap stuff 30 , smells good and works well but around the eyes I am careful not to put to much on .  Makes you skin feel soft and also with wind blowing protects it.   O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL