Author Topic: Irish news paper article on going bald and accepting it !  (Read 6054 times)

Offline kerryman

• Sly
  • Life is what you make of it
Irish news paper article on going bald and accepting it !
« on: March 01, 2016, 12:27:34 PM »
http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/features/going-bald-and-getting-over-it-348068.html
An article for some of the guys out there contemplating going sly for the first time :@` :@` :@` :@` :@`
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 12:36:12 PM by kerryman »

Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: Irish news paper article on going bald and accepting it !
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 01:50:39 PM »
Thanks for the link - it's a great article!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 02:18:54 PM »
Great Article Kerryman!  I especially like the part where he says; "and there really is nothing quite like the feeling of a freshly shaved head — it’s magnificent."

That really sums it up!

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 08:14:06 AM »
Great Article Kerryman!  I especially like the part where he says; "and there really is nothing quite like the feeling of a freshly shaved head — it’s magnificent."

That really sums it up!

You sure got that right. My only wish is that there were more articles like this one to help encourage guys contemplating being bald by choice,  like i am. I browsed through quite a number of articles like this in the days leading up to my final decision to just go for it,  but not one talked about specific benefits and positive reasons for guys who still have a full head of hair, but may be contemplating shaving their head. Ultimately i ended up deciding some of the items listed in the articles i read could apply both to guys with mpb and those contemplating becoming bbc. But then again most guys who go bbc probably dont need encouragement as either they already know its what they want, or they do it for a charity event and decide they like it enough to keep it. For me, it was a situation of i already knew i wanted to do it, but i wanted to find counter arguments for any of my loved ones who objected.

Any of the other bbc guys here who want to chime in on what ive said here?  Please do, i would love to hear about your opinions, and maybe even what made you decide to become bbc.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 10:15:26 AM »
Excellent!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 10:36:06 AM »
Amatlock, there are quite a few of us bbc guys on here. Yes, we have a different situation than the bbn guys. I still hear the old "why would anyone shave off a perfectly good head of hair" comment. I have gotten to the point of just saying "because I like it". I intended to shave my head one time out of curiosity. Well, that was nearly 3 years ago. Also, I started see quite a few guys sporting a shaved head, and thought it looked good. Two other benefits, no grey hair and my dermatitis issue disappears if I keep shaved.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 11:05:05 PM »
Amatlock, there are quite a few of us bbc guys on here. Yes, we have a different situation than the bbn guys. I still hear the old "why would anyone shave off a perfectly good head of hair" comment. I have gotten to the point of just saying "because I like it". I intended to shave my head one time out of curiosity. Well, that was nearly 3 years ago. Also, I started see quite a few guys sporting a shaved head, and thought it looked good. Two other benefits, no grey hair and my dermatitis issue disappears if I keep shaved.

Havent gotten that one myself, mostly just compliments on how good it looks on me,  or in some cases people have simply not said anything about it at all. Maybe they are the ones who might say that, but knowing its probably not a good idea because im pretty vocal about defending my opinions and choices. Even if i realize a choice was not so great (def not the case in shaving, i think its one of the best choices ive ever made regarding my appearance) i will tend to loudly defend it as being a bad choice i had to learn about for myself.

My reasons for becoming bbc are pretty similar to yours even with the intent for it to be one time, except for the dermatitis, as well as i felt i needed a change of some sort after a pretty rough year last year.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline J_Scott

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 08:10:51 PM »
Awesome article with some great advice!

Enter your email address: