Author Topic: Folliculitis  (Read 4010 times)

Offline Biffo

• Learning the way of Sly
Folliculitis
« on: September 23, 2015, 04:46:36 AM »
I've been shaving my head for a few months when I was taken ill and had to go into hospital for a few weeks. I wasn't really up to shaving my head (felt too poorly) but did not like the way my hair was growing out to the longest it had been in years.

When I finally left hospital one of the first things I did was shave my head  and all was OK for a couple of days, then I noticed LOTS of little bumps on the top of my head and the back and especially behind the ears. I stopped shaving and the bumps turned into little pimples filled with pus and they itched like hell and it took a lot of self control not to scratch them.

Went to my doctor who told me it was folliculitis and he gave me some antibiotics for a week, there was a slight improvement  (no pus pimples) just the bumps again but a couple of days after finishing the tablets the pimples came back.

Saw the doctor again and he gave me a two week course of a much stronger antibiotic and also some antibacterial wash. Now almost at the end of these tablets the spots are much better and drying up and fading, I finally dared to clean my clipper blades and a guide in alcohol and gave myself a short (No. 1) buzz cut.

The bumps are still there and still drying out, when should I be able to start shaving again?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Folliculitis
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 06:42:34 PM »
Were you able to get rid of the bumps and start shaving again?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: