Author Topic: In doubt, headshape..  (Read 7591 times)

Offline Gerard_86

• Learning the way of Sly
In doubt, headshape..
« on: October 09, 2017, 10:36:07 AM »
Hi all,

I feel bad about my hair (or the lack of it) for quite some time now. Kind of ignored it, but now I notice people looking at it all the time during conversations for example. I never thought about the option of going bald until a person close to me mentioned this could be an option, and then I found this forum.

Giving it more and more thought now, and I really would like to just face it. Shave my head, get it all off, and feel proud and confident about the decision and the fact I never have to worry about my hair. Stop feeling sorry, no hair transplantation of medicine, just deal with it.

I'm really considering it, because I don't think it can get any worse then my current haircut ;) but I am in doubt about the shape of my head. Thinking "I will look even worse when bald".

So I took some pictures, I'm only looking for honest opinions. What do you think? Shave it all off?

https://imgur.com/a/Qb1LY

-- Gerard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: In doubt, headshape..
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 11:25:45 AM »
Hi Gerald, first of all, nothing at all wrong with your head shape.

And remember, your asking a bunch of guys that like having a shaved head, if you should join them. That being said, yes, you're getting pretty bald. Having a shaved head is very mainstream now, so if you want to try it, go for it. Just commit to keeping it shaved for 30 days.

This site has tons of info on how to shave your head and maintaining it. Look around here.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 11:53:47 AM »
Shave it, there is nothing wrong with your head shape.
SlyBeard

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 03:32:15 PM »
Nice head shape.  Go for it and obey the 30 day rule.  You'll be surprised how confident you feel after the deed.
Roger

Offline wentzel

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 06:45:03 PM »
your head shape looks good to me!  your hair already looks mostly fine imo especially on the sideburn area. the top is just a little bit too long. try shaving it down to a no guard or smallest guard you can  to see how you like that first . either way would be an improvement though !

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 08:13:01 PM »
Head shape is fine, no worries.  There is significant thinning, so it's a personal choice as to what you do now.  If you want to try sly stay 30 days.  The fnyou then don't like it, it will grow back really quickly.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 06:16:34 AM »
Don't know that you NEED to shave your head, but it is an option. Or if you want to move more slowly, just take the clippers down a notch each week until you are buzzing with no guard. At that point the only difference is the feel. You'll know what it will look like.

Personally, I really like and enjoy having a bald head.  See RedDog's comments. 

You would carry the bald look very well. Great head shape.  You'll probably sport a bit of shadow due to the dark color of your hair, but that's OK. 

The difference between a bald head and a #1 buzz cut (in your case) is about one week.  But if you do it, like others, I'd recommend sticking with it shaved for at least a month to get used to it.  30 day rule.

Offline Zooman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 08:42:40 AM »
Welcome Gerard!  As others have said, there's nothing wrong with your head shape.  If you are ready to shave it, then I would say go for it (and follow the 30-day rule).  Like the rest of us here, you may just find that it becomes your new hairstyle for good!  And if you're not quite ready yet, just keep getting a short buzzcut.  however, I am going to predict that sooner or later you are going to go for it and shave it.

Offline JayG23

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 10:06:34 AM »
Look's fine would look a lot better if you buzz it go for it  O0

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 12:16:37 AM »
SHAVE IT!

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 09:44:28 PM »
Your head shape is fine. Go for it! If you don't like it your hair will grow back.
Hair is over rated.

Offline bud

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2017, 08:32:54 AM »
Welcome to the board Gerard! 
As others have said, shave it and go for it.  O0

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 10:36:24 PM »
Oh Gerard; that "isthmus" on the top of your head is becoming an "island".  Shave it now before that island drifts out to Sea!  You have a great head shape, nice skin and good color.  You will look, and FEEL, great!

Offline brannon67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 10:41:25 AM »
Here we go again about head shape. Either buzz it down to the skin,  or shave it. We all have flaws. Its just how we deal with them. MPB is a curse and a flaw to me, but I deal. Head shape is fine....

Offline _Dan_

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 11:01:45 PM »
buzz it first, just to get a feel for it

0 grade.  It WILL look strange to you at first, but not because it looks bad, you just won't be use to it. But yeah it is at that point where  in my opinion it needs to be at the very least buzzed way down