Author Topic: dating when bald - not getting the same attention  (Read 19458 times)

Offline tryingtostaypositive

• Sly Jr.
dating when bald - not getting the same attention
« on: August 11, 2017, 04:47:47 AM »
I'm curious to know what are your experiences with online dating sites/apps?
Do you feel that being bald/lacking hair have an impact on your overall chances and other competition when it comes to attracting women? 

As you know studies have been done like this one - http://www.thebaldtruth.com/articles/the-maximum-hair-results-are-in-women-want-men-with-hair/ proving the obvious that women do prefer men with hair overall.

Do you think that even tall, good looking bald men (as in men who can pull of the bald look) can be successful as the equally good looking guy with hair?  I feel my confidence has definitely been ravaged over the years as I've progressively lost my hair to the point of having zero today. I'm trying to stay positive but it's not easy when you feel you're not getting the same level of attention as you once used to.   

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: dating when bald - not getting the same attention
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 08:27:14 AM »
I've been married twice and I'm currently in a relationship, so no, being bald hasn't affected my chances with the ladies. FYI, my marriages failed, but my baldness wasn't even on the list of reasons why. I had a few days growth on my head the other day and ran into my ex-wife and she offered to shave my head for me! (I declined, but it was still cool of her to offer).
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 11:53:05 PM »
And I am guessing that most women want men who are wealthy? Another thing that MOST of us can't attain. I don't date women, I date men. I can tell you that I have NEVER had an issues with my being bald, balding, shaved, etc.

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 03:15:43 AM »
I've been married twice and I'm currently in a relationship, so no, being bald hasn't affected my chances with the ladies. FYI, my marriages failed, but my baldness wasn't even on the list of reasons why. I had a few days growth on my head the other day and ran into my ex-wife and she offered to shave my head for me! (I declined, but it was still cool of her to offer).

I guess yes as I said being darker skinned does help because it blends in alot better than it does for white guys. 

Even so, I am still literally having zero luck on these apps and sites these days. I barely get any matches on Tinder or other apps, the few sites I'm on I'll get the occasional message.
I'm really not sure whether it is due to being bald or whether I am genuinely just unlucky. I think I have a decent, interesting profile with some fairly good photos but obviously I want to show that I am bald so have put on photos in good lighting. 

Furthermore, in general when I'm out too, I've definitely noticed I get less attention than I used to when I had even a little bit of hair at the front. 

Do you think being totally bald stands out more than having some hair? I mean generally it's being said that the totally shaved look is more attractive because it expresses confidence etc. but I'm not so sure

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 02:14:40 PM »
Yes, I think having a shaved head limits the women that are interested in me on dating sites. The fact is, some just don't like bald heads at all. Some don't care, and a small percentage go crazy for sly guys.

For me, as desperate as I am, I choose to wait for that gal that thinks shaved heads are attractive/sexy. I like it, and think it looks good on me. Gotta do what makes you happy.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline kerryman

• Sly
  • Life is what you make of it
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 02:40:15 PM »
Be confident in yourself. Yes some women prefer  men with flowing locks. We haven't got that lol. You have to work with what you have. I've seen plenty  of bald lads with plenty of ladies and like wise some of my mates with hair have no luck. A friend of mine said be confident, make them laugh and it's good advice. I'm currently  single myself but I haven't  really  been looking and have no interest in a bird this year. I got pretty good attention online but I'm more old fashioned and online dating isn't for me. Dress good and stay in shape believe in yourself,  you can't  change having hair so move on and work with the tools provided.
Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 01:26:05 AM »
Be confident in yourself. Yes some women prefer  men with flowing locks. We haven't got that lol. You have to work with what you have. I've seen plenty  of bald lads with plenty of ladies and like wise some of my mates with hair have no luck. A friend of mine said be confident, make them laugh and it's good advice. I'm currently  single myself but I haven't  really  been looking and have no interest in a bird this year. I got pretty good attention online but I'm more old fashioned and online dating isn't for me. Dress good and stay in shape believe in yourself,  you can't  change having hair so move on and work with the tools provided.

Yeah I don't know man. I feel I'm not attracting the women that I want. The women that do seem to be attracted to me are the ones that I don't find attractive.  Always the way I know.
So you say you do have success with women looking like you do with no hair, online as well?  Studies show that women 5 times more likely to respond to a guy with hair than no hair. 

Generally speaking I still don't see that many bald guys with attractive women.  I still think it's fairly rare.  Usually the women they're with are very average looking and/or slightly overweight.  When's the last time you saw a smoking hot chick (9/10) with a bald dude?  Just doesn't happen that often. 

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 03:27:09 AM »

Yeah I don't know man. I feel I'm not attracting the women that I want. The women that do seem to be attracted to me are the ones that I don't find attractive.  Always the way I know.
So you say you do have success with women looking like you do with no hair, online as well?  Studies show that women 5 times more likely to respond to a guy with hair than no hair. 

Generally speaking I still don't see that many bald guys with attractive women.  I still think it's fairly rare.  Usually the women they're with are very average looking and/or slightly overweight.  When's the last time you saw a smoking hot chick (9/10) with a bald dude?  Just doesn't happen that often.

And that, my friend, is part of the problem. It seems like you're worried about the women being shallow toward bald(ing) men, but you are being shallow towards women who may be the best thing for you even if they aren't a perfect 10. Not trying to be blunt here, but with that attitude, you may be searching for a long, long time. Just remember beauty isn't necessarily on the outside.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 07:07:57 AM »
I maybe wrong , but I keep hearing troll.  Just to much negativity , always contradicting statements, made to help his way of thinking. If your bald and can't come to accept the fact , then maybe you should looking into a hair club . For some people this maybe the answer.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline kerryman

• Sly
  • Life is what you make of it
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 11:06:33 AM »
I was out during xtmas and remember seeing a bald lad with an absolute stunner. I've seen plenty of them about. It's confidence. Low confidence is more ugly to most women then a bald head. Look it is what it is friend. You need to make the most of your bald head rather then spending the rest of your life putting yourself down. Maybe give online dating a brake and do the old fashioned "hi how are you"  in a pub. If you feel you are unable to cope with being sly you can always get a wig.
Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 11:30:26 AM »
I maybe wrong , but I keep hearing troll.  Just to much negativity , always contradicting statements, made to help his way of thinking. If your bald and can't come to accept the fact , then maybe you should looking into a hair club . For some people this maybe the answer.

Well said.
Hair is over rated.

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 11:07:51 AM »
I'm not a troll, sorry to disappoint.  I'm just someone who's struggling through this and I figured this was a support group.

Now watch this please (from the UK) about how girls feel about bald guys -

Notice how the best looking women all said NO...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 11:18:23 AM by tryingtostaypositive »

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 12:02:52 PM »
It doesn't really matter what the video says. Your success or failure with dating still has a lot to do with how you present yourself. People generally don't like to be with someone with a negative outlook. And consider this: would you rather have a woman who's absolutely gorgeous or one who's fun to be with and accepts you the way you are? If you choose the former you're cutting yourself off from a lot of potential love interests. And it would make you just as shallow as the people you seem to want to attract.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 02:09:17 PM »
Most if not all members try to b e supportive. But  no matter what someone suggest, your back with negative  remarks. Some I find offensive when you say , bald guys can't seem to date hot babes. Your welcome to your opinion, but on a forum of mostly positive bald people  you sound  trollish.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2017, 01:03:15 AM »
The first BAD indication is referring to women as "Hot Babes". What do YOU look like? Are you a "10"? If you are a slouch, and blame your inability to meet "HOT" women on you hair, you have more than an issue with your HAIR.