Author Topic: Little Things that Totally Rock about being bald.  (Read 7521 times)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Little Things that Totally Rock about being bald.
« on: September 20, 2013, 07:56:19 PM »
http://thoughtcatalog.com/2013/13-little-things-that-totally-rock-about-being-bald/

a guy with thinning hair shared this with me today.  I'm sure most of you can relate.

Offline DanO

• Sly Jr.
Re: Little Things that Totally Rock about being bald.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 02:49:30 AM »
Very good, especially point 10! ;D

MarshalArtist

Re: Re: Little Things that Totally Rock about being bald.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 04:35:15 AM »
No. 12 is an interesting perspective as well.  The older I get, the less that seems important. This must be a younger guy.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 07:39:31 AM »
Oh yeah, number five. I started getting grey at 21yo. Been totally grey since my late 30's(59 now). I think the greatest part of being BBC, is getting out of the shower, looking in the mirror, and not seeing that grey head. Everyone says I look younger bald.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 08:15:47 AM »
NUMBER NINE AND NUMBER TEN !  .... haha ... I like those the most .... but they are all true !   :*))

Offline Chris730

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 11:33:45 AM »
Good list, I was definitely nodding in agreement with a lot of those points! I love the fact that I don't have to worry about rain or wind anymore; back when I had (not the greatest) hair, I did! I can also rock a hat if I want, and when I take it off, my hair isn't messed up! The only point I disagree with is #12, my showers aren't shorter now, since the previous hairwashing and styling is now replaced with shaving, although I don't mind that at all.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 08:47:47 PM »
This is a great list. I agree with reddog about no. 5! Sounds like we had the same experience with premature greying. I like no. 10 too. Love the feel of rain and snow on my head.and I don't miss the crappy haircuts!

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 06:46:03 AM »
Great list. I reckon that all bald dudes should read it.
I particularly like no's 9, 10, 12 & 15. 15 in particular...... when you have your head shaved, you definitely stand out from the crowd. I agree about the bald gal's, too. It's cool to see some gal's wear the "rebel" bald look pretty well.
BaldBill

Offline geddyflea

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 08:05:26 PM »
Totally agree, particularly on the hats.   I never used to wear anything but a baseball cap.  Now that it is cold, I really like to wear an ivy/flat cap with my coat...in fact, now that I am sly, it is essential to have something on my head. 

Offline TxTa2Guy

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald By Choice since August 24, 2009
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 02:25:45 PM »
I agree with MarshalArtist: No judgment intended, but the guy who made up the list must be young.    And young guys I think do look a little older when they are bald.

I don't have an opinion as to whether I look older or younger as a result of being bald, and I frankly do not give a s**t.  I am a former longhair (since the sixties) who now loves the way I feel with a bald head. It is so minimalist or something. I cannot stand stubble so I shave it almost every day.

I have been Bald By Choice for over four years, since August, 2009, when I was 60. No one has ever told me that I look older than I did with hair, and I had a pretty full head of hair when I went BBC.  But a lot of people have told me that I look much younger being bald than I did with my brown/grey/white head of hair.