Author Topic: Don't kid yourself, bald's cool.  (Read 27163 times)

Offline slane

• Sly Jr.
Re: Don't kid yourself, bald's cool.
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2013, 12:57:03 AM »
That knowing look between sly guys in the same vicinity is pretty funny, it's like the Jeep wave or something.  Also, I gotta confess, sometimes I evaluate another's shave job and size it up with my own  ::)

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2013, 05:56:00 AM »
It is funny how you get in the mindset. I was at a gig last night and saw a couple of guys rocking the bald a beard look and I thought they both looked cool. I can't remember the last time I saw someone and thought "that guys got cool hair, wish I could rock that look".

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2013, 05:02:03 PM »
It is funny how you get in the mindset. I was at a gig last night and saw a couple of guys rocking the bald a beard look and I thought they both looked cool. I can't remember the last time I saw someone and thought "that guys got cool hair, wish I could rock that look".

I agree with you Viking. I go to quite a lot of local metal/punk gigs and see a few other bald and bearded blokes and we all rock the look I think. I don't get hairstyle envy but I definitely get beard envy at the moment!

Offline NoPony

• Sly
    • James Barley Woodturner
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2013, 08:43:29 PM »
That knowing look between sly guys in the same vicinity is pretty funny, it's like the Jeep wave or something.  Also, I gotta confess, sometimes I evaluate another's shave job and size it up with my own  ::)
I've also started to notice the casual 'eye contact' thing with other sly strangers, reminds me of my motorcylce days in the 50's (not a lot of riders back then) when we met on the road we'd exchange waves.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 02:57:18 PM »
but I definitely get beard envy at the moment!

Give it another 1-2 months and the beard envy will replace by full beard. Like this...

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 03:15:16 PM »
but I definitely get beard envy at the moment!

Give it another 1-2 months and the beard envy will replace by full beard. Like this...

If it looks as epic as your photo Mr Jules I will be a very happy man!

Offline Titus13

• Bald guy in New York
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2013, 07:07:34 AM »
It definitley makes you stand out in a crowd
GI