Author Topic: Don't kid yourself, bald's cool.  (Read 27149 times)

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
Don't kid yourself, bald's cool.
« on: January 06, 2012, 11:27:28 AM »
   I like many of you started going bald young. I started thinning out in my early years of 17. And for long time I mean a LONG time I fretted about it, cared about it, and was depressed. I still have my days, but its come a long way.

Anyways what this post is really about is to tell you that bald is cool nowadays. From teenagers to adults to grandpas are sporting it. Just go into any building nowadays and you are likely to see at least one other guy who shaves his head. It's the "In" thing to do if your going bald. An ya you'll be on the butt end of allot of hair jokes but its usually all in good fun so don't take it to seriously. People will respect your for the most part regardless.

Plus if your young like me (20) You'll have kids come up to you when they start thinning  out and talking about shaving their heads. I've noticed a few people do this and while they may not have all come up and talk to me I feel like me having my head shaved made them see it was a possibility. At the moment if your young you might feel like the only kid on this planet who's going through this, but trust me your not. And while we may be the first of our generation to go bald we'll hardly be the last. So just shave your head and let it shine. Like Dr. Seuss said "Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind."

The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline jaypksfo

• Sly
Re: Don't kid yourself, bald's cool.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 11:31:45 AM »
Well Said - Definatly cool thats why there is also so many BBC guys out there as well.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 12:58:18 PM »
Well said, bro!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 01:00:48 PM »
well said!
nice avatar pic!
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 01:36:39 PM »
Like Dr. Seuss said "Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind."

Was that Dr. Seuss? Cool. I knew there was a reason I always liked that guy.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Slynito

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 01:40:18 PM »
   Like Dr. Seuss said "Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind."

I agree, well said and I liked the quote..."Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind."

O0

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 03:29:19 PM »
Bald is cool and has gone mainstream. I do see a lot of shaved heads from where I am and it crosses all walks of life, young and old, rich and poor, students and professionals.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 04:36:32 PM »
Nice post, Kenny!
 O0 O0 O0

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 05:44:26 PM »
Well, if it's "cool" and "mainstream," maybe I should go back to growing out what I have--at excessive length.  "Mainstream" is one thing, "avant garde" is another, and maybe "blowin' in the wind" is where it'll be next. 

On the other hand, maybe the next new thing is waxing your chest hair.  Have to give that some thought.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 07:42:21 PM »
Very nice post Kenny. Nice to see you back on board.

Peace.....
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 08:06:20 PM »
 O0

Offline stevenskye

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 02:02:22 AM »
It's true, being bald, accepting and loving the look is a form of inspiration to others since it is for yourself, it feels and radiates but it's no secret, it is very fashionable also, bad boys like Vin Diesel are wearing it, Max Payne just turned BBC :P. This is not just a simple shave, it's a mindset.
Be a better person everyday.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 04:16:19 AM »
   Plus if your young like me (20) You'll have kids come up to you when they start thinning  out and talking about shaving their heads. I've noticed a few people do this and while they may not have all come up and talk to me I feel like me having my head shaved made them see it was a possibility.

I think this is one of many reasons to stand proudly and wear bald with confidence.

Like it or not, we become role models for others who are searching for a "hair" solution.

OR ... we have the opportunity to change people's opinions who are scared by bald (for whatever reason) and their interaction with us can either put them at ease, or at least reconsider the pre-conceived notion.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 05:51:32 AM »
It's true, being bald, accepting and loving the look is a form of inspiration to others since it is for yourself, it feels and radiates but it's no secret, it is very fashionable also, bad boys like Vin Diesel are wearing it, Max Payne just turned BBC :P. This is not just a simple shave, it's a mindset.

Judging by that big smile on your profile pic, there's a lot of BBC cool happiness coming from you these days.  :)

Offline Free at Last

• Head up Eye to Eye
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 10:43:42 PM »
Wow!, Kenny your so young and you get it.
It took me 44 years to understand.
Bravo!!
The Truth Shall Set You Free

Enter your email address: