Author Topic: Things I love about being SLY  (Read 31590 times)

Offline BriansSlyIn(716)

• Sly Jr.
  • 5 years and still Sly !!!!
Re: Things I love about being SLY
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2011, 10:43:24 AM »
The best part for me is not having to attempt to obscure the thin patches and then having the weather destroy my efforts.I too love the smooth feeling and it does save money on shampoo,conditioner and syling products.Hell, it was liberating to give all that stuff away or discard it and get additional storage space back in my bathroom!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2011, 11:55:19 PM »
I. love being sly instead of balding.  The head is easier to shave than the face, hence the beard.  Looks great with my full, gray, bushy beard.  Gives this softy a bad-ass biker look!  Feels great while swimming.  Feels great to have warm summer rain fall on it!  The shine!

Offline SlyCanuck

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2011, 08:50:36 PM »
In a word: CONFIDENCE!

In several: No more worries about hair.  Ten minutes care in the morning, then forget about it for the rest of the day.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:32:43 AM by Tyler »
Help a bald brother out.  We are entered in a contest to win $5000 based on votes for our video.  If you have a facebook account, click on the link and please vote! http://teammysask411.com/winbig-vote/view/user/colleen

Offline Titus13

• Bald guy in New York
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2011, 09:28:04 PM »
You will never have a bad hair day
GI

Offline thegreatswalmi

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2011, 09:16:52 AM »
it's all about ease of use for me.  Never cared if people noticed i was thinning up top a bit...just a sign of the times :)  I absolutely love not finding out halfway through the day that i had a piece of hair sticking up in the back or some weird bed-head thing going on...

Offline intex

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2011, 11:32:22 AM »
No more trips to the barbershop every 2-3 weeks just to get home and find out my flattop looked like hell and spend another half hour trying to make it look decent!!  Not to mention saving $15.00 that goes into the barbers pocket.

The last time I went to a barber it cost me $3  for a haircut.  You can judge how long ago that was.

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
FOUR months this week and Things I love about being SLY
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2011, 11:46:53 AM »
1) Getting dressed for a date/event/work and being all put together then able to drive with the windows WIDE OPEN on a beautiful spring day and not need to spend time getting things sorted out again at the other end.

2) No bed hair

3) No hat hair

4) It's entirely wash and wear on a hot day - climb out of the pool, towel down and put on dry duds and ready to roll..

5)The ritual of traditional shaving - it's all about the mug, brush, cake soap etc

6) The feeling of the sun on my head - in moderation

7) Not even knowing where my ball cap is most of the time anymore..

8) The occasional unsolicited head rub

9) The fact that, for some reason, I can now skip an occasional day of shaving my face and look fine in any setting.  Whiskers still seem to grow at the same rate, it's just that the shaved head stubble seems to balance out the face stubble when I skip a day now.

10) SBG

11) AND MOST IMPORTANTLY - the overwhelming sense of freedom from concern about appearance.
If I leave the house propery groomed I get where I'm going that way. Appearance is now a done deal - it is what it is.  Like it or leave it. This is who I am - deal with it

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:28:55 PM by sailor61 »
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline SlyCanuck

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2011, 07:12:35 PM »
Well said, Sailor 61!
Help a bald brother out.  We are entered in a contest to win $5000 based on votes for our video.  If you have a facebook account, click on the link and please vote! http://teammysask411.com/winbig-vote/view/user/colleen

Enter your email address: