Author Topic: a disadvantage in my eyes  (Read 5601 times)

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
a disadvantage in my eyes
« on: August 25, 2009, 03:24:38 PM »
the one bad thing about being sly for me is the want to keep it up at ALL times. I hate not having a clean shave on my head.

Watch the stars turn into nothing

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
Re: a disadvantage in my eyes
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 03:30:14 PM »
I know what you mean.  ^-^

It's called obcessive/compulsive.  Might I suggest therapy?  :*))  JK

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 07:06:00 AM »
I know what you mean.  ^-^

It's called obcessive/compulsive.  Might I suggest therapy?  :*))  JK

Red

Did Red tell you that he's a therapist and would like the business? ;) :*))
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 07:31:39 AM »
We all get that way dish
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 07:34:43 AM »
Very common Dish.

Offline jamesh75

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 07:43:20 AM »
I wouldn't really call that a disadvantage.  I was shaving every other day, but I just like the feel better shaving every day.  It only takes me 7 minutes to shave my head and face in the shower, so it's not a big deal.

Now, for the people that shave multiple times a day, they may want to start attending some meetings.  Just kidding :-)

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 07:44:35 AM »
Hello.  My name is Marty, and I am a shave-aholic.

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 09:10:38 AM »
HELLO Marty!!
It's all about attitude!

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 01:08:46 PM »
its only a disadvantage in the sense that I cant stand it. plus my head gets some type of bumpy scaley feel to it once the hair gets a couple mm's long (like a day and a half + out) That is the main thing leading me towards laser removing it all so i can have that perfect smooth all day long and no dermatitis on my scalp. I think its called seborhheic dermatitis. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 01:21:12 PM »
its only a disadvantage in the sense that I cant stand it. plus my head gets some type of bumpy scaley feel to it once the hair gets a couple mm's long (like a day and a half + out) That is the main thing leading me towards laser removing it all so i can have that perfect smooth all day long and no dermatitis on my scalp. I think its called seborhheic dermatitis. 

Suggest you try this, it's worked for me and at least one other guy here.  Get some 10% benzoyl peroxide gel--usually in the ointments or acne section of your pharmacy and also a 1% hydrocortizone lotion--if possible--creme if not also in the ointments section of the pharmacy.  After shaving, wipe you nicely smooth dome w/ an astringent, I use hydrogen peroxide, but the purpose it to clean up any 'germs" etc.  Then mix the two ingredients--about a pea sized amount of each and rub well into the scalp.  After it dries apply a moisturizer, I use Nivea Extreme.  Also, make sure you're washing your scalp at least twice a day with an antibacterial soap, Cutitcura is good and it's mild, as well as change your pillow slip at least once a week.  Since there's no hair, all the grime and dust settle on your scalp--if you don't believe me, wipe it down when you've been out for a while with a white tissue--it's not pretty. 

This has worked for me, and, as I say at least one other guy with success from the little red bumps and similar stuff that seem to accompany the stubble after a short while. 

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 03:08:00 PM »
yea i could give that a try. Although i really do not feel like going through the additional trouble just to deal with something i can fix by keeping my hair shaved. The thing is that this is a skin condition. there are factors beyond cleaning that are causing this like my sebaceous glands etc. I have always dealt with different forms of skin irritation from acne to this.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 03:20:54 PM »
I have always dealt with different forms of skin irritation from acne to this.

I'm with you on that, I've been dealing w/ it since puberty, it's still going on, and I still see my skin doctor about once a month--I'm 64.  Some day I'll grow out of it :D.