Author Topic: Cotton Hat Alternative For Winter?  (Read 2994 times)

Offline drewmeister

• Learning the way of Sly
Cotton Hat Alternative For Winter?
« on: August 12, 2014, 08:42:30 PM »
Hello gentlemen. I am doing some early shopping right now to prepare myself for the cold weather since this summer is breezing by way too fast, and I need some help on finding the right hat.

I shave my head every other day, and on the day that I don't shave my stubble gets stuck into the fibers of a cotton hat really easily and it's very annoying because it also leaves pieces of cotton stuck on my head as well. It's really weird...almost like the hat gets suction cupped to my head as I'm trying to pull it off and it feels really uncomfortable. You may know what I'm talking about, I'm guessing.

Do any of you know a good alternative that would work well with my head stubble? I'm thinking 100% polyester maybe? Possibly hemp?

Thanks for your time and feedback, I appreciate it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:48:38 PM by drewmeister »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Cotton Hat Alternative For Winter?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 04:18:16 PM »
What style of hat are you looking for?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline drewmeister

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 09:47:22 AM »
I'm not looking for something stylish, just a regular beanie with an alternative to cotton as the material.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 11:18:35 AM »
Polartec fleece or a wool or cotton cap with a Polartec lining. You can find a ton of these on Amazon in a bunch of colors or go to a ski shop and see what they offer. Some are marketed under the name Turtlefur.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline drewmeister

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 01:30:46 PM »
Polartec fleece or a wool or cotton cap with a Polartec lining. You can find a ton of these on Amazon in a bunch of colors or go to a ski shop and see what they offer. Some are marketed under the name Turtlefur.

Thanks dude! I will definitely be buying one of these.

Enter your email address: