Author Topic: tweezing  (Read 44886 times)

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
Re: tweezing
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2007, 07:46:22 AM »
I used  Remington sily and smooth epilator. It hurt a bit but i think it was worth the pain. Before tweezing i'd have to shave every day, now i can get away with tweezing and shaving just once a week. And after the initial tweeze the pain is managable. Either way if any of you ever get sick of the shadow enough to go through with this, the option is out there.

First of all "Best compliments to Propagandi" for his new awesome "no shadow" look!  O0

Then I wish to share my experience on the topic: today is exactly 1 year of scalp
tweezing for me!
Like I've said in other threads, I've been shaving for more than 11 years: after some
years I started wishing to make it permanent, and most of all wishing to get rid
or that gray shadow I always had on my scalp, I wanted to really be bald,
not just shaven, totally and completely bald.
It was me who suggested Tom (the owner of scalptweezing.com) that he could
try using the epilator to tweeze out his hair: I wanted to do it but never had
the courage to do it for real... instead Tom is much more daring than me so
he actually went for it and was very happy with the result...  his bald dome really
looked great when he had it done.

Hearing his experience my wish to go the same way grew even more, but
at the same time I was worried about it: I still would have a full head of hair
so I knew that once I started tweezing I would have had to go all the way,
no matter if it hurted or not, otherwise would have ended up with a patchy scalp.
I could not even start and stop leaving a mpb fringe (the fringe is the most
painful to tweeze out) because I had no hair loss so if a suddenly showed up
with a mpb shadow people would have guessed it was not natural.
Moreover I knew it would take long time, 1-2 whole nights, to tweeze a whole
skull as it is so painful that you have to take many breaks: so I had to plan things
when I had 2-3 days off work (long weekend) to have the time to tweeze
and also to let the scalp recover from the irritation (didn't want to show up at
work with a red scalp!!).

After many years I finally went for it last year: well, it was REALLY painful, but
I managed to do it! The scalp was red for 1-2 days but then it was ok.
I was really HAPPY with my new look!! it's really another wolrd from just shaven,
the shadow was gone and I looked like I was totally bald, no hair left... actually
I WAS totally bald! It did worth the pain!

After the first painful tweeizng the maintenance tweezing were not so bad,
but still painful... they got les painful with time... after a year I've set to
a twice a week tweezing, but I guess that I could wait more days now
between tweezings.

What's the situation after 1 year?? well, I still have hair growing back!!
mostly on the back/sides, but still it grows back. The look anyway is
almost totally bald, as it's quite sparse and I never let it grow more than
3-4 days.
If you are thinking to go for it keep in mind that it's a long time task:
guess I'll have to keep tweeizng for some more years before it stops
growing at all, but at this point I guess I have no choice as I could not
grow back a full head of hair... or maybe yes, but have no wish to
let it happen  ;)

So: it can be done, it's painful but does worth the effort, but only
if you are ready to get rid or hair forever! after few months you won't
be able to go back to whatever hair you had

Hope this can help.
Francesco
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 09:08:46 AM by zetaeffe »

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2007, 08:00:46 AM »
Propagandhi, you really took the "How to Clean Everything" to heart huh?

kidding of course.

Tweezing and waxing doesnt seem too bad, keep us posted on how it works out, I would be up for it possibly.

Excellent Marz, what a great album and it really does sum up his experience doesnt it?

Francesco, you are a great spokesperson for Scalp Tweezing. I would love to do this too but my wife said she will divorce me if I try. ;D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 08:03:50 AM by JDog »

X The Hierophant

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2007, 08:15:36 AM »

Hope this can help.
Francesco

Awesome post man!  O0 O0 O0

I am still somewhat new to headshaving but at this stage I can't imagine wanting to grow back hair.  After reading your post and talking some with Propagandhi via PMs I am seriously considering doing this eventually.  I may wait a few years just to make sure (since this would be a permanent step).  At any rate your post answers a lot of questions.  Thanks man  O0

A couple quick questions:

(1) Are you now shadow-free?
(2) In between tweezing do you have noticable hair or fuzz growing ... is it obvious to others that you tweeze twice a week versus shave every day?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 08:17:28 AM by X The Hierophant »

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2007, 09:20:50 AM »

Hope this can help.
Francesco

Awesome post man!  O0 O0 O0
A couple quick questions:

(1) Are you now shadow-free?
Look at the attached pics... even if the light conditions are very different
you can get the idea... first full head of hair, second totally tweezed scalp
(a bit red as it was taken after a maintenance tweezing).

(2) In between tweezing do you have noticable hair or fuzz growing ... is it obvious to others that you tweeze twice a week versus shave every day?

There's some hair growing, but it's sparse so that it can't be seen if you
are not close, and there's some fuzz that can't be seen, but you can
feel it by touch. To be totally and perfectly smooth you have to shave,
but it's the easiest shave ever  ;)
Another interesting thing I noticed is that the hair colour is turning to white...
the more I tweeze the more white hair grows back and that make it
even less noticeable.

Before I started tweezing I was much worried about others' reaction,
thought that people/family/friends would have noticed, but to my surprise
in a whole year nobody noticed!!
To me the difference is huge, but guess that for most of people
"BALD is BALD" and that's all, they are not so "into" this thing as we are here  :/O

Am sure that most of us would notice the difference, but that's because
we always looking at bald heads /mpb shadows /scalp shadows,
matte/shine and so on... maybe normal people can see there's something
different but they can't get what's different  ;) they could just think
it's a closer shave...

have a look at the pics and let me know what you think
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 09:51:11 AM by zetaeffe »

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2007, 09:51:03 AM »
Awesome hey!!

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2007, 09:53:08 AM »
Awesome hey!!
Glad you like it!!  ;)

Are you thinking about going the same way??
If am not wrong I remember you have white hair, so you don't have the
shadow problem...

X The Hierophant

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2007, 01:58:48 PM »

have a look at the pics and let me know what you think

Very impressive!  Definetely a HUGE difference.  I must admit you've planted the mental seed here ... I'm thinking about it.  I need to wait a few years to make sure as that is a big step.  You can't argue with your results though  O0 O0 O0

BALDANDRE

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2007, 05:57:03 PM »
Friggin' awesome Z..

Like X said you planted a seed in my head quite some time ago...very tempting...maybe one day...

THAT could be a different "sly" convention for sure...along with a lot of booze! :o

X The Hierophant

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2007, 12:11:56 PM »
Just to post the "devil's advocate" position ... there is a website out there called hairtell.com which is a forum for hair removal.  One of the forums there is on tweezing and use on epilators.  The general consensus over there is the tweezing is initially painful, then retweezes are much better but after several months of tweezing ingrown hairs become a major problem.  Not saying it doesn't work ... just a caveat...

BALDANDRE

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2007, 12:16:10 PM »
Just to post the "devil's advocate" position ... there is a website out there called hairtell.com which is a forum for hair removal.  One of the forums there is on tweezing and use on epilators.  The general consensus over there is the tweezing is initially painful, then retweezes are much better but after several months of tweezing ingrown hairs become a major problem.  Not saying it doesn't work ... just a caveat...

Naw, it's good to hear it all bro! Good and BAD!

X The Hierophant

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2007, 12:23:00 PM »
Thanks man.  I agree.

Here is one of the better posts I was referring to...:

"As much as I used to love epilators, I would never recommend one. Now I have some perspective and experience to pass on. I look at hair removal two ways: If you want hair removed, do it permanently, don't mess around. Get laser or electrolysis even if it comes out of your food budget. Or, if you're not going to permanently remove the hair, take good care of your follicals, because mistreatment of your follicals and skin will lead to your skin looking like hell.

Epilators offer a quick fix that at first is impressive, but as someone once posted here, they pretty much just become expensive razors as the hair cycles start kicking in. Epilators are way too hard on the follicals, they rip and tear the hair out and disfigure the follical and bulge over time. And, if the bulge gets really disrupted in it's angle and constituency, then that hair root will always be a problem, and will always be ingrowing. Ingrowns are minimal at first, then they increase over time as the epilator is used longer. Pretty soon the skin looks like a battlefield, not good. Also, and what bothers me most, if you enjoy the sun, then look out; a plucked hair leads to hyperpigmentation spots, and if you do it over and over, that is, mix plucking with sun exposer, the spots get more pronounced, and look like freckles. I still have these spots and it takes awhile for them to fade. They are most pronounced where my skin was exposed to the sun, on my lower outer calf areas. My skin used to be a rich, smooth, and even color in this area, now I'm waiting for these freckle-like things to hurry up and disappear, and they are, slowly.

Then as you continue to epilate, after ripping at the follical for months, the action starts to physically disrupt the follicals. Follicals that only sprouted one hair will sprout two hairs, maybe three. I know this because this happened to me. This is hard learned experience that taught me this. Today, I use a sensible plan; I shave and combine that with periodic laser treatments. The bumps go away, the ingrowns go away, it takes less time, the skin is exfoliated in the process, I'm making actual reduction gains. And really shaving in the shower is very convenient compared to epilating, a lot cleaner and quieter.

These people that come here telling of their bad epilating experiences, they shouldn't be put off. What they are going through is very real. If epilating works well for one person, then great. But for others, it's not a good option. To those that stopped epilating early on, good for you. Your skin will be better for it. "

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2011, 12:34:51 PM »
I have just tweezed every hair out from my scalp. Awesome experience. I now have zero shadow & a very smooth dome.
My wife loves the smooth, silky feel. She cann't resist touching it. I think I'm going to buy one of those t-shirts that challenge people to rub your dome. I know that people want to feel the smooth scalp but are afraid to ask !!
BaldBill

Offline K J

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2011, 07:00:39 PM »
Hi KJ here,

Could someone tell me more about Scalp Tweezing because I have a full head of brown hair and I would like to know what well hapen to hair when you Tweez an 'MPB' pattern on the top of your head any side afectes I need to know about before I do it to my hair

KJ

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2011, 09:55:55 PM »
Hi KJ here,

Could someone tell me more about Scalp Tweezing because I have a full head of brown hair and I would like to know what well hapen to hair when you Tweez an 'MPB' pattern on the top of your head any side afectes I need to know about before I do it to my hair

KJ

I strongly advise you not to do it.  It will be very time consuming and painful to tweeze a full head of hair, and you will never be able to achieve a natural-looking result.  The top of the fringe needs to gradually fade into the bald area, not be an abrupt line of demarcation which is what you'd end up with after tweezing.  Tweezing rips out the hair by the roots,s o it will take a very long time to grow back completely -- and it might not ever grow back to its original density because tweezing can permanently damage the follicles and cause traction alopecia.   And then there is the whole question of why on earth anyone would want to artificially create MPB in the first place.  If you want to be bald, just shave your head.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2011, 03:35:47 PM »
Then there is the whole question of why on earth anyone would want to artificially create MPB in the first place.  If you want to be bald, just shave your head.

Exactly, just get a good blade and shave cream/gel and go shave it off, it's alot easier, and way more enjoyable.    O:O

Enter your email address: