Author Topic: Shaved Head Essentials  (Read 6460 times)

Offline alpha

• Learning the way of Sly
Shaved Head Essentials
« on: December 16, 2012, 12:36:06 AM »
Hi, so I guess I should take care of my skull now that I'm shaved. Could you sum up in short what are the essential or highly recommended products to keep your skull pretty? I know about exfoliation and "keeping it moisturized", but could you sum it up?

I suggest suming it up and making this a sticky post... There are way too many threads here and it's a little confusing. Thanks  :)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Shaved Head Essentials
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 06:15:45 AM »
Hi Alpha-

I'll speak about the products that I use or have used that I like.

I've used in the past and can recommend:

St Ives Apricot Scrub for exfoliating (don't buy the generic brands, they are not as good)
Nivea Extreme Post Shave Balm - excellent with little scent, easy to find
Bald Guyz After Shave Gel
Nivea Cool Kick After Shave Gel and Conditioner (Great scent)
Brut After Shave Balm (this is not your Daddy's Brut, this is good stuff that is easy to find and cheap)

I currently use:

The new line of Bee Bald Head care products for men. They are all excellent. They are a little pricier than the stuff listed above but a little of each of their products goes a long way. These are premium products and you can tell when you use them.

Here's a quick rundown of their products that I use:

"Clean" - this is the exfoliating product. It is EXCELLENT. A light almost citrus scent. There is only a small amount of "grit" in the product which is very nice. Once I use this product my head is CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN.

"Smooth" - this is the post shave moisutrizing product. Again, just a very slight clean, almost non existent scent. I like products with little or no sccent so that I can still wear the after shave of my choice and not have clashing scents. Another excellent product.

"Heal" - I haven't used this product as often because I just haven't needed it as often. I use it about once a week as "preventitive medicine". Again, almost no scent. Another excellent product.

Again.... don't be put off by the prices. A slightly larger than pea sized dab of each product will do the trick. A little really goes a long way.

These are new products that were only recently released for sale ( back in early November). I do not know if they are in any retail stores yet but you can order at BeeBald.com
I am NOT affiliated with these folks at all but I love their products. I had some moinor "bump" issues on spots on my head for many months before I started using these products. No matter what I tried the bumps were always slightly there. These products cleared the bumps up in days.
For full disclosure I will tell you that I have emailed with the owner of BeeBald, Dennis, quite a few times. Dennis is a stand up guy that really believes in his products. I don't know Dennis personallly and we have never met but he is a good guy. The customer service is EXCELLENT. If you want to read more about BeeBald and Dennis do a search on BeeBald on the Forum and you'll see why I say he is a stand up guy.

I have very slowly used up all of my other remaining post shave and exfoliating products since I started using BeeBald products. There is no room for them in my shaving drawer anymore because I love the BeeBald products.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 10:47:02 AM »
I know about exfoliation and "keeping it moisturized", but could you sum it up?

Exfoliation and moisturiser are the main things. You'll see plenty of varying advice here. Experiment and find something you like.

My own preferences are HeadBlade shed and HeadBlade matt or gloss.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 12:03:04 PM »
The recommendations so far are good ones.

Think of HeadShed as industrial strength exfoliant - lots of grit, so use it every second or third day.  Bee Bald Clean is great as a daily wash and as Mikekoz said has a small amount of grit to exfoliate.  Nivea Face Wash is a good mild daily wash, too.

I'm not a fan of HeadLube, but others swear by it.  I like Nivea Extra Sensitive after shave balm. It's non-greasy, absorbs easily and fragrance free.  I also like Bee Bald Smooth which is a great moisturizer and a little bit goes a long way.

Offline slane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »
I'm a pretty barebones type of head-shaver.  I use:

Barbasol shaving cream with aloe
Generic brand witch hazel as my aftershave
Moisturing lotion with 15+ SPF for sunny days. I like to rotate brands.

As far as I'm concerned, this is all that's necessary.  Then again, I'm a minimalist who doesn't like owning things in general.  YMMV.  :)