Author Topic: self tanning lotions and sprays for the bald head  (Read 63831 times)

Offline bald_is_gold

• Learning the way of Sly
self tanning lotions and sprays for the bald head
« on: June 20, 2009, 03:20:25 PM »
Hi all,

This is my first post although I have been reading this forum for over a year now and would like to start of by commending you all for contributing to this wonderful site.

The reason why I created this thread is because I am specifically curious to find out whether self-tanning sprays and lotions such as st tropez and sun labs tanning sprays can be applied to the bald head?Would they have any adverse effects on the hair as I have shaven bald by choice and have a good amount of hair underneath.(not that I intend to grow them but just worried whether they may go away or whether I may face any other side effcts by using self tanning lotions or sprays on the bald head? Anyone have any sort of experience using them?  Many thanks for all your help in advance.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:27:31 AM by Tyler »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: self tanning lotions and sprays for the bald head
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 08:37:48 PM »
The best reports I have seen are for Jergen's Natural Glow.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:28:08 AM by Tyler »
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline DogStar Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
    • DogStar Training Systems
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 06:52:16 AM »
The best reports I have seen are for Jergen's Natural Glow.

I concur and be sure to wash your hands well afterward so your palms don't get so dark.
I find the lotions easier than the sprays.

Eric

shaved

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 06:03:35 PM »
I found that self tanning sprays look orange and patchy, best to shave and let the weather tan your head, but i have been told apply babyoil to skin then the self tan as the oil helps spread the tan lotion out more even.

Offline jamesh75

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 08:54:14 PM »
Jergen's Natural Glow.  It takes a couple days to get the color you want but it doesn't turn you orange.  Get the stuff for your face, it doesn't seem as oily as the regular stuff.  I haven't heard any good things about the instant tanning lotions on this forum.  But have heard many good things about the Natural Glow.

Offline AceMile

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 02:37:48 AM »
If you apply tanning products like lotion, you should clean your hands. Buy products which you know that the store or establishment is trusted. Try using the Jergens Natural Glow. My uncle is using this since my grade school days and I can see the positive result of it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:03:01 PM by AceMile »

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 04:59:28 AM »
I use the Jergens Natural Glow Express.  Works great. 

Offline Tagus

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 11:50:14 AM »
I was searching for tanless products and it´s safe use and application and i came across two ingredients that should be avoided: Methylparaben and Dhiydroacetone.

Jurgens natural express glow contains these ingredients. Is there any other safer option ?

Offline Fighu35

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 06:48:54 AM »
hey guys I cant seem to 'TAN' my crown...I tried  like 3 different self tanners,tanning booth,all of me is nice n tan but my crown !! any ideas ? burn it off with gasoline ? lol I have jergens  not the express though,can somone really say express worked ? no other brand seems to work, Thanks guys

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 06:30:44 PM »
I wore a rug for nearly two years and as a result have what is known as contact hypopigmentation in the areas where the glue strips sat on my forehead. From my research it turns out that the constant presence  of the adhesives essentially killed the melanocytes - those cells which produce pigment. I cannot therefore tan the area just below my hairline. The jergens self tan moisurizer does, however, give color to this area. The problem is that the color does not quite match my natural skin color and as a result it looks like I've painted my forehead. I have just given up and resigned myself to having a white scalp. I have tried to keep my face out of the sun as much as possible so that the difference in color is not so pronounced.
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 04:08:32 PM »
I have a sunroof in my car.  Seems to do the trick.  I wouldn't dye my hair, I wouldn't use Rogaine, i wouldn't get plugs, why on earth would I use tan in a can?
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline jack29

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 07:39:36 AM »
You can use most of the sunless tanning lotions, gels and sprays for your scalp as they normally don’t hamper the hair growth. The one I have been using is of Peau D’OR brand. Now this popular European brand use skin friendly ingredients in their products which have no negative effect. But mind you I am absolute bald (Naturally) so I am not much worried about my hair growth...LOL!

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 03:51:12 PM »
I found this interesting . At least you won't have some much chance for skin cancer .
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline bobbynester

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2016, 03:46:26 AM »
Uncertain about exactly what you're looking for, before using any medicine or herbs you need to consult a doctor. For more information or to become knowledgeable you can go through some good sites like MayoClinic etc ... also you may get a totally free e-book on sunless tanning here http://www.sunlesstanningtruth.com/

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2016, 03:53:46 AM »
Thanks for posting the link.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.