Author Topic: Hi  (Read 4958 times)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Hi
« on: November 26, 2006, 01:27:54 PM »
Hi ... been reading the board for a while and decided to introduce myself.  45 years old and starting loose it on top .... and it is picking up speed (even as I talk).  Rather than have the dreaded combover or horseshoe, I've decided it will be an all or nothing scenario.  Am setting a deadline to, by my January hunting trip, have it all gone.  You guys have been the inspiration (and Tyler, you gave me the idea to use my hunting trip as time to try out the bald look). 

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 01:32:32 PM »
Welcome wpruitt, glad to see you've already set your goal and have decided to take the plunge. As I'm sure you have read, we all say to the newbies "You'll never go back" It sounds like you have already made that determination before the first stroke of the razor.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 03:51:33 PM »
Welcome wpruitt, congrats on setting a goal!  It is like going swimming, just jump right in.  It is easier to get it over with quickly.  Fine wisdom from Larry the Cable Guy, "Get er' done!"
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 04:19:32 PM »
do it. the wind feels cool for the first week or so. all the other sensations are pretty cool too. welcome to sbg by the way.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 07:21:16 PM »
You guys have been the inspiration (and Tyler, you gave me the idea to use my hunting trip as time to try out the bald look). 

I'm glad we can all be an inspiration to you!  I think you'll like hunting without hair.  I'm not sure where you'll be hunting, but if it's in the cold make sure you have a couple of hats.  One baseball cap and one beanie for when you're hiking and just sitting still.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 05:18:20 PM »
Tyler - We will be hunting quail down in South Georgia.  Two things happen down there ... either it is unbearably warm for January and you are ready for shorts and a t-shirt .... or you have on multiple layers and freeze your ___ off.   I'll take along a skullcap to wear under my bright orange cap .... or plenty of sunscreen depending on the weather.

Noticed in your post(s) that you first shaved your head on a hunting trip.  What were you hunting  ... big or small game?
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 06:22:55 PM »
Tyler - We will be hunting quail down in South Georgia.  Two things happen down there ... either it is unbearably warm for January and you are ready for shorts and a t-shirt .... or you have on multiple layers and freeze your ___ off.   I'll take along a skullcap to wear under my bright orange cap .... or plenty of sunscreen depending on the weather.

Noticed in your post(s) that you first shaved your head on a hunting trip.  What were you hunting  ... big or small game?

Quail hunting is fun!

I was hunting big game in Montana.  Elk and Deer.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 07:21:04 PM »
Tyler - We will be hunting quail down in South Georgia. 

I spend a good amount of time in there.  Southwest Georgia, I love it!  I lived in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL.  I know exactly what you're talking about being warm or cold.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995