Author Topic: A before picture  (Read 6853 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
A before picture
« on: November 25, 2006, 07:57:17 PM »
This photo is from 2002, about a year before I shaved my head for good.  I was wearing a #1 buzz at the time.  It didn't look too bad straight on, but as you can see from the one overhead shot, I was pretty thin on top.  (I was also a lot heavier then).  This is the photo I refer to when I occasionally wonder if I should grow my hair out. I use it to remind myself that this is the best case scenario - I might be able to get back to that look if I let my hair grow for a couple of months.  I still do have some hair on top, but I think most of it is lost now, and as you can see it was already getting pretty thin.  I think I'm better off staying bald.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: A before picture
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 01:01:45 PM »
Agreed!!! Much more SLY without the hair.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 11:53:14 AM »
which one is you? just kidding bro. shaved is better, more sly.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 12:20:01 PM »
 ;D Dear RazorX: You're 100% better in the after pic than in the before. I have about as much hair as you do [perhaps a bit balder at the crown], so what I observe applies to both of us. The old look makes no statement, except that time is marching on and genetics is doing its thing. The new look makes a take-charge statement. I agree about losing weight, but have a powerful love of beer. Shaving it all off and adopting the new iamge have actually had a tonic effect on me: I've returned to my daily exercises and showering makes me more conscious of staying in shape. The bald image, to my wife's delight, has also made me a more careful dresser. Tutrle-necks, shades, leather, and anything black seem seem to complement the bald look, as does the goatee. So I am staying with it for the foreseeable future. Except for my 90-year old father, everyone has responded positively. I have attended all kinds of conferences and meetings; in none of them was my new baldness a negative. If anything, it works to open conversations and confirm a new and honest identity. A bald guy is who he is; being a poseur is virtually impossible when you've got a shaved tight noggin. If people are uncomfortable with it, that reveals their problems, not mine. Let me know what you decide to do. All best, Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 06:59:21 PM »
;D . Except for my 90-year old father, everyone has responded positively. I have attended all kinds of conferences and meetings; in none of them was my new baldness a negative. If anything, it works to open conversations and confirm a new and honest identity. A bald guy is who he is; being a poseur is virtually impossible when you've got a shaved tight noggin. If people are uncomfortable with it, that reveals their problems, not mine. Let me know what you decide to do. All best, Professor Melon

Same here.  My mother hated my shaved head (she still does but has finally shut up about it), but all the other feedback I got was positive.

I plan to continue shaving because I really don't see any other available options.  I can't grow back anything worthwhile and I don't like the MPB look on myself.  So I am bald, for better or worse.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 04:32:46 PM »
Agreed!!! Much more SLY without the hair.

I concur
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt