Author Topic: Evenin' Guys  (Read 6599 times)

BigBaldie

Evenin' Guys
« on: November 13, 2006, 08:36:54 PM »
How's everybody?  I'm BigBaldie and just joined up.  This looks like it's a damn good group to be part of.  I'm looking forward to some good discussions about our celebrating our baldness.  For 20 or more of the last 25 years, I have kept my full head of hair totally shaved BALD.  I cannot imagine ever letting my hair grow back.
I live in the Big Easy (New Orleans), where I work as a bartender,  Since I first began shaving all those years ago, I am very proud to know I have been  influential in helping to boost the confidence of a number of guys who were reluctant to take up the razor.  And, I'm very proud to see more and more men who are doing just that. 
So keep those razors sharp, Boys!
BigBaldie

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Evenin' Guys
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 09:39:14 PM »
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!!  We're glad to have you aboard BigBaldie!

So, a bartender in the Big Easy?  That's gotta be crazy!  I almost got arrested in N.O. for hailing a cop...thought he was a taxi.  :-\

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 09:40:24 PM »
I forgot to mention that I've also been sworn into the Lousianna Bar...but I never took the bar exam.  Ah, the memories.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BigBaldie

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 09:53:35 PM »
Thanks Tyler.  And yep, it does get crazy sometimes, but that just goes with the
territory.  and beside, now I'll know who to call if I get my butt in jam....my friendly
bald bud who's a member of the Bar. 
Later

BaldRob

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 05:13:35 AM »
Hi and welcome!!

New Orleans is a great town!  Been to Mardi Gras once (was in the Navy and we did a Show The Flag cruise... stayed for 14 days!!)  Been there twice since for business... always a great time!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 08:58:28 AM »
I was there not too long ago.  I would like to go back and see it under better conditions.   :-\
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline tooteaching

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Me with my nephew james!
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 09:02:45 PM »
How is New Orleans going now? Are people coming back? What happened to NO was horrible.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 11:17:12 AM »
i live a little more than an hour from new orleans. it was pretty bad there. but what irritates me is that is all the news talks about. there were other places that got it worse, but you don't hear about them. i have been to most of the coastal towns with work and you would not beleive it. i feel bad for new orleans residents, but there are other people that got hit last hurricane season too.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BigBaldie

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 06:41:43 AM »
You are right Mr Burke.  You are right.

BigBaldie

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 06:50:11 AM »
Thank you guys for allowing me to join this week.  I do apologize for mentioning where I live.   It always seems to draw the anger of people who live elsewhere on the gulf coast.  Therefore I will be resigning from this group as well.  My best to all of you.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 10:57:02 AM »
please don't leave. i was not putting that towards you. my frustration is with the news media. i truly feel for all people who suffered from the storms. i sorta saw it first hand when my brother-in-law lost everything a few years ago. so it is not personal by any means. if i offended anyone , i am truly sorry.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2006, 03:42:31 PM »
BigBaldie - We all feel you are a valuable member of this community and would welcome you back should you decide to return.