Author Topic: Being bald at 19, will this make dating around my age very difficult?  (Read 18199 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Being bald at 19, will this make dating around my age very difficult?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 02:16:25 PM »
So waiting until I'm 30 to get a girl at all is still defeat to me.

Seriously, that's the point you think I was trying to make? Best of luck in all future endeavors.

I guess I may have mistakenly taken it as 'most in their 20's wouldn't or aren't mature' I'm not saying there is anything wrong with a 30 year old gal just that (while I wouldn't mind a girl a few years my senior) 30's is a pretty big gap for 19. If I was 27 then yeah I wouldn't care but I'm sure you understand what I meant. Honestly the hair only affects my confidence with ladies. I still go to all the events, never try to hide it with hats or anything etc and I'm one of the youngest skydivers in the state so I haven't let it stop me otherwise.

Seriously; you are a skydiver?  What a coincidence!  I fly a small homebuilt airplane.  I often go to an airport in Rochelle, IL which has a really first class skydiving operation.  They have so many people in that club that they keep two twin turbine Otters flying from dawn til dusk every day from Easter to Halloween!.  When I go there I have noticed threethings about the skydivers while they are on the ground:

1.  How many of them appear to be very, very, masculine - and confident in that, (I am so cool I can hardly stand myself).
2.  How many of them have great looking girls hanging all over them in their tight-assed jump suits and aviator sunglasses!
3.  How such a large proportion of them have shaved heads - even though they are not balding!

My goodness - you are NINETEEN!!! and a SKYDIVER!!!! and a SHAVED HEAD!!!!!!- I would give my left N__T to be you!!!!!  Wear that aerodynamic scalp "loud and proud" young man!  Ask any girl out on a date and take her with you to watch you skydiving - she will be putty in your hands!

Offline BeaveCake

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 05:04:35 PM »
I want to say that this forum was a big help to my confidence about losing hair, when I first shaved yeah I was self conscious only being 19 but after reading other sites with guys who lost hair young I lost all hope. They said everyone views you lower attractive young women won't give you a second glance etc. And that really killed me. I hoped that the reason nobody ever said 'I shaved and still did good' was because they had no reason to be on sites for hairloss etc, they had succeeded why talk about it on the internet. Well while I'm sure a large chunk of guys who shave their head are successful and don't post here, I'm very glad that I did find what has to be one of the rarest things on the internet; a positive forum. Several guys were kind enough to give examples where a bald head this young didn't stop them getting the pretty girl or being viewed as a successful individual. I'm very glad I posted here and it's really helped my confidence. On top if that my Mom showed me a picture of her friends daughter in her 20's who is gorgeous marrying a 20 something who also sports a shaved head. Between seeing that and the help here I can safely say that a razor was my sure fire cure for hairloss. Thanks for all the help!

Offline Cardelli

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2015, 01:33:14 AM »
I'm 19 aswell and i've been balding since 15, started shaving a couple of months ago and the first thing i thought about was how my dating life would be like since I already wasn't much how a ladies man. To my suprise i get alot more girls now, the shaved head turned out to be a huge confidence boost and I feel really good about myself. On apps like badoo a bald head might nit work as good as hair but i've met a couple of girls there aswell, gotten a lot of comments that i was hot and i hooked up with a girl from there. This would have never happend before because i would have been to worried about my hair when i met her.

Confidence takes you a long way, just talk and act confident. Some of my friends whi has a full head of hair, a really nice haircut, good clothes and a really well trained body have a harder time getting girls than me, in my experience you just have to know how to talk to them. Focus on them and don't do what i did back in the day, always trying to get confirmation that you look good from here. If you are already talking a girl remember she is already talking to you, she chise to keeo the conversation going when she could have chosen to talk to someone else or do someone else, you don't have to worry if you look good or not at that point because she wouldn't talk to you if she didn't fins you intresting.

This is just my experience i have no idea if you're already applying this or not but i hope it helps!
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 11:53:32 PM »
I started this forum when I was 29 and I can tell you I wish I would have shaved my head when I was in college.  The amount of attention I got from the ladies when I shaved my head was great.  Like the others have said, it's all about confidence.  If you need any help wi that, check out the book The Game by Neil Strauss.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 09:57:32 AM »
If you  have confidence, your hair or lack of it won't make a difference. You will attract the right person with the right attitude.

Good luck!

Offline kerryman

• Sly
  • Life is what you make of it
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2016, 02:10:38 PM »
Honestly yes if sit in the corner and say poor me .
Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??