Author Topic: What didn't you expect when you went sly?  (Read 51402 times)

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
Re: What didn't you expect when you went sly?
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2016, 10:55:05 AM »
I find that catching a glimpse of myself in a reflective surface always makes me do a double take, and think to myself "oh, right I'm bald now" 
Also I was playing with the dog, and she started to lick my bald head. It was the strangest feeling.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

I know what you mean.  I've been bald for almost 2 years and it still surprises me to see how I look in photos. 

Offline Cobranet

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2016, 12:13:33 PM »
What I didn't expect was nobody saying anything about my head being shaved! I expected people at work to say SOMETHING about my shave but nothing. One thing I really like is that I don't feel like I am showing off a bald spot when I walk away from somebody since my whole head is a bald spot! ;D

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2016, 02:12:48 PM »
I'm still amazed how much cooler it is in the summer with a bald head. I can't seem to wear a hat more than about 15 minuets without sweating. I see guys with long hair and I don't know how they can stand it.

I walk almost every morning, and love when it is very cool outside, feels great on a freshly shaved head.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Cobranet

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2016, 02:46:38 PM »
I live in Las Vegas, so I can relate to the feeling cooler in the heat! I love the hot weather and the last week it was at least 105 degrees every day. I keep a beanie in my tool pouch on my belt in case I have to spend long periods of time out in the sun at work but I don't notice the heat on my head like I did after the first time I shaved...It felt like I could actually feel my scalp tanning! LOL :/O

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2016, 07:12:04 AM »
What didn't I expect when I went sly ?

Looking back now...

That I'd still be bald 4 years later !
Within a month of going sly, I'd grow my first (and so far only) beard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2016, 12:16:42 PM »
Same here, Mr Jules. Over three years ago, I shaved my head for what was supposed to be one time to see what it was like. Now when I get up every morning I can't wait to lather up my head and get rid of every bit of stubble. Never dreamed I would love the look and feel of sporting a shaved bald head!

It took nearly 3 years, but I can look in a mirror and recognize the bald guy.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2016, 06:52:08 PM »
I didn't expect the encouragement and positive reactions I got from almost everyone, especially women,

Offline Vince

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2016, 07:14:41 AM »
I didn't expect that really "sensitive" feeling you get directly after a clean shave.  The first time I shaved and I felt my scalp, wow... I thought something was wrong with me.  My scalp just felt really sensitive and sorta overly exposed, like a baby's bottom.  ;D

I also didn't expect to attract more women after going bald, but I really do.  It's real!

For any guy to say women are not into bald guys, that may be slightly true.  Everyone has their preference, however; it's just a different hairstyle.  That's all it is.  If you are happy and comfortable with it around other people and you exude confidence with a "I don't give a fu-k" type attitude, you will attract wayyyyy more women than you ever thought possible.

Offline lsflipper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2016, 09:49:42 AM »
I didn't expect my wife and I to like me being bald as much as we do. Feel and looks a lot better than the thinning hair. Been bald for 4 years now, think I'll stay bald.
Larry the bald guy

Offline Nude Nut

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2016, 09:25:52 AM »
All those years ago it was a big deal to shave your head - now if you aske me it was no big deal
and that was what surprised me! We make it such a stumbling block and no one cares. Really !

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2016, 02:15:05 PM »
That I  would remain shaved for more than 12 years and that the bald and beard combo would be so common.  Also that my wife would very quickly get to like the look.
Roger

Offline tranceavia

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2016, 11:19:03 PM »
I totally wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do.  I wasn't expecting to start noticing other bald guys all around me LOL  I definitely wasn't expecting random women to come up and ask to rub my head ( or to just do it without asking lol)!

Haha this exactly!

Also how great rain feels, how freat a cold pillow feels, hpw great wind feels and cant wait to try swimming tomorrow for 1st time sonce the shave!
Forever new frontiers

Offline TheRedChile

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2016, 12:15:53 AM »
I never expected to like it. when I first shaved it was the worst feeling. now when it rains or gets windy I get to laugh at people and tell them to comb the nap on their head haha

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2017, 09:32:11 PM »
And didn't realise that 5 years on, that being bald is a constant and central part of my appearance. It's part of my personality !

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2018, 06:53:24 PM »
this is stupid, i know; but after hair, i felt my head was more susceptible to cuts and injury from playing ball, etc. I know that's crazy to think that.