Author Topic: MPB Fringe Growing Out  (Read 25141 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: MPB Fringe Growing Out
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 10:21:06 PM »
Well, I should say that tonight, I got rid of the MPB fringe.  I was hoping to let it go for two months.  But One of the reasons I shaved it off was that my fringe was uneven.  I know that there are different ways that balding happens.  I know that I said my head was not slick bald.  But from my photos, I am a balding pattern 6 on the Norwood Scale.  Because I had the stunted hairs, O did trim them off.  But as my fri get got longer, it seemed that it was quite uneven naturally.  So it seemed best to go back to the sly look.  But my question is, has anyone experienced a uneven fringe?

Probably. Mother Nature doesn't seem to be big on symmetry.

Offline Glottonym

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 10:43:53 AM »
I keep my fringe hair - I feel more comfortable for whatever reason (making me kind of an outsider here). But I trim it twice a week and if it is longer the 5mm I'd go crazy because then I really do look much older or worse (there is nothing inherently wrong about looking older).

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2016, 01:47:53 PM »
As of this past Friday, I quit shaving my head.  Sly will always be my default.  But I am again curious about being a bald man with a fringe grown out.  At this point, I don't plan on shaving down the balding area.  But I would like to keep it at least through Christmas.  I will post pictures.  Also, ai am continuing to grow the Epic Beard!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 03:02:53 PM »
Marsh, believe it or not, if an MPB fringe is kept neat, it blends in well with a thick beard like yours (though some of the consensus will disagree). Please post pictures and keep us posted. You certainly have more willpower to grow your hair out than I do!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Aquabat6

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2016, 04:50:26 PM »
I feel like my fringe hair is great for hats -- keeps them in place.  As far as growing it out, I can't go for more than three days or so without busting out the razor. I will probably have a fringe when I am older, though. 

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2016, 11:30:52 PM »
I will at some point go back to Sly.  I know I had grown out the fringe before and then gave up.  But I am hoping to se what my real balding pattern is like now.  So for awhile, I am not even planning on shaving down my balding area.  I do embrace my baldness and shaving it down helped me to cope with losing my hair initially?  But now I want to see what my DNA had destined for me!  Who knows, I may end up being that old bald guy with the ponytail.  I figure it goes along with my Epic beard, which I am hoping to never trim again!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2016, 08:22:12 PM »

Here are some photos where my fringe has been growing out.  Also in these photos I have not trimmed the hairs on the top of my head.  But when I trimmed them down, there was not a lot of hair in the sink!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2016, 08:35:44 PM »

It is intwresting to see that I am fully a Norwood 6.  I knew I was from when I had grown out the hair before.  But it seems like there are even less stunted hairs on top!  I will say that I still prefer the sly look but it is fun to grow out the fringe.  But at least I avoided most of the awkward thinning stages!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2016, 09:07:47 PM »
The fringe doesn't look bad, Marsh! But I must ask...Do you go through any itching phase? If so how do you handle the itching?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2016, 09:25:39 PM »
I do have some itching.  Before I started going sly, I had a fairly bad case of seborrhea, including my ears and eyebrows.  So I actually use dandruff shampoo to help in these areas.  So I just started to use that on my head again.  On a side note, when I was a teen, the seborrhea was so bad, I had a couple of dime sized bald spots.  So when the MPB started, it was interesting to see those bald spots join up with the larger bald areas!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 07:52:53 PM »
Well, I ended up getting rid of the fringe tonight.  So, I tidied up the top of my niggin like I had been doing.  In the process of doing that, I made my already naturally lopsided baldness pattern, even more lopsided.  I don't think anyone notices it.  But I do!  I also didn't like the stunted sparsely spaced hairs on top.  So maintaining a MPB fringe is more work than being sly!  So back to sly I went!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2016, 10:07:33 PM »
Perfect symmetry rarely occurs naturally.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2016, 10:30:44 AM »
Mine is gone!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2016, 10:33:14 PM »
Mine is gone!v

Dober, when did you shave yours off?  Is it a thing of great minds think alike?  I do hope you will join me on the big beard adventure!  You have great beard genes!

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2016, 11:29:56 PM »
Yep!

Head shaved... beard still growing.