Author Topic: Closest Clippers you've found?  (Read 35204 times)

Offline grito

• Learning the way of Sly
Closest Clippers you've found?
« on: March 06, 2007, 08:56:53 PM »
Hello folks.  I'm not a shaver, just a clipper.  I recently had my head shaved at a saloon and can't say I liked the results.  However, they did have some clippers that took my hair closer than I've evern seen a clipper go. 

The lady who shaved my hair wouldn't tell me what kind of clippers she used (stupid, I know).  So, I am embarking on a journey to find the closest clippers.  Any you found that worked good?

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
Re: Closest Clippers you've found?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 09:02:56 PM »
Try the headblade clippers... I want a pair just so i can have everything cool HB makes
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 09:21:35 PM »
The Wahl Company makes  clippers called "Balding Clippers" I don't think there are any that cut closer than that.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 07:17:24 AM »
Welcome to SlyGuys, Grito!!!

I have Wahl Designer clippers that get pretty dang close without the numbered guards.

Offline grito

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 08:17:20 PM »
Thanks Rob.  I searched around looking for the best sunscreen and stumbled in.  Looks like the HeadBlade clipped is gone from their web site.  The Wahl looks interesting...

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 12:57:33 AM »
The best clippers I have found are Andis professional clippers.  You can get them online or at beauty stores that specialize in products for professional hair stylists and barbers.  They can go very close to the skin.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 08:54:08 PM »
Andis T-edger, you can usually find them under $50 on ebay.

Offline Vin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 05:42:50 PM »
Is the one you guys are referring to?

http://www.texasbeautysupplies.com/antouttrim1.html

thanks!

Offline lloyddailey2000

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 08:57:22 PM »
if you dont shave your head yourself, then a beard and mustache trimmer works great. they have attachments you can pick how close you want your hair cut.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 12:45:28 AM »
Clippers are just a foray into the inevitable.

Wave goodbye to them and just grab a blade and scrape the dome slick smooth.. The only way to go! O0

Offline slickdome68

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 06:53:33 PM »
I am a user of a the Andis and it works great. No adjusting, blade is set to close and it cuts tight.  Then if you need the razor, slick it down...
bbbzzzzz, the other sound that  turns a woman on , an electric shaver on a man's head.....Shave on dude. Shiny, slick, chrome, and proud.

Offline JoeyG

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 09:00:25 AM »
The Wahl Company makes  clippers called "Balding Clippers" I don't think there are any that cut closer than that.

I own these clippers.  They work great.  Very close - close enough that you can nick yourself if you're not careful.  I love them.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 07:54:21 PM »

I own these clippers.  They work great.  Very close - close enough that you can nick yourself if you're not careful.  I love them.

I have them too, and yes, they certainly can nick you.  I only used them a few times.  I looked completely bald anyway after using them, so I decided I might as well be really bald.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 10:50:01 PM »
How much are the Wahl Balding clippers and where can  you buy them?

Offline sifudave

• Sly Jr.
  • One Warrior, Many Weapons.
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 09:04:44 AM »
Clippers are just a foray into the inevitable.

Wave goodbye to them and just grab a blade and scrape the dome slick smooth.. The only way to go! O0

I have to agree with JDog.  I ran the clipper route for 10 or 15 years off & on.
Everything from High & Tights to #1's with 000-fades.

I was never really pleased with my appearance until I took the plunge & got the HB-S.
Now I regret paying 'stylists' and barbers $10 or $15 every few weeks to do poorly what I could do better, faster and cheaper on my own.  I must have wasted $150 or more each year on 'haircuts' just to keep my hair short enough for training.  Now I spend a fraction of that money, most of which goes to try out products recommended here.   A pack of generic Atra Plus blades for $2 can last a couple of months.  Now I spend the hard-earned cash saved by flirting with the ladies that love the Look.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.