Author Topic: How to keep your head warm while sleeping - the Slumbercap  (Read 10671 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
How to keep your head warm while sleeping - the Slumbercap
« on: January 25, 2008, 03:04:11 AM »

We're in the middle of winter right now and it can be tough to keep your head warm at night, especially for us bald guys. I know, I know I live in California, so what do I know about being cold? Well, last weekend my wife and I went to a marriage retreat in the mountains. At the retreat we were given a little cabin to sleep in. The cabin did have a heater, but the second night we were there the heater went out in the middle of the night and it was about 30 degrees in our cabin. I rarely wake up in the middle of the night, but my head was right by the window and was absolutely freezing! I got up to look for my hooded sweatshirt so that I had something to cover my head and then I rememberd I had brought my
Slumbercap that was just sent to me. It then dawned on me that this was the perfect opportunity to review this product.

I went into my bag, grabbed the Slumbercap and threw that baby on my head! Within seconds my head was back to a comfortable tempature. I don't remember much after that since I was back to sleep about the time my head hit the pillow. The beautiful thing was that my head stayed warm all night and I didn't sweat from wearing the Slumbercap.

The Slumbercap was created by Ruth Klampert back in the early 90's to provide women who were going through chemotherapy a way to keep their head warm while battling cancer. When she took some samples into the cancer research center a nurse suggested that she created some for men also. The Slumbercaps for men are made out of 96% cotton and 4% lycra, so basically they are a slightly stretchy cotton cap, similar to a beanie or skull cap. The men's size is about 8 inches long and is the size of your standard beanie. I was also sent a womans size, which the design is basically the same as the men's, only a bit shorter; similar to a skull cap. I actually prefer the women's size more than the men's.

Why a Slumbercap instead of a beanie at night? Well, the Slumbercap is not as heavy as material so it lets your head breathe more and reduces the possibility of sweating. This also make is much more confortable to wear for the entire night, where as a beanie could get irritating.

To learn more about the Slumbercap, go to http://www.Slumbercap.com. They currently cost $14 for a men's and $12 for a woman's.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: How to keep your head warm while sleeping - the Slumbercap
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 09:28:01 AM »
ty...thanks 4 sharing.  O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 09:29:51 AM »
See!?! This proves it..................marriage retreats give you head colds.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 09:44:21 AM »
Definitely practical....but afraid if I wore that, I would have visions of sugar plums dancing in my head. ;D
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

GASlick

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 12:43:32 PM »
Have to agree with Paul.  Personally, I don't  get a cold head at night. 

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 12:59:59 PM »
Ditto that
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline dinosaur

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 01:24:19 PM »
unlike the rest of you dudes who are too manly to admit that wearing a cap at night is awesome, i'll say that during the winter here in PA, i enjoy keeping my head warm with a cozy beanie.  it also helps keep my genius from escaping, which is more than i can say for the rest of you  ;D  jk of course

Offline honestjohnny

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 02:27:30 PM »
I too sleep with a polar fleece beanie at night.  I pull the cuff part over my eyes so I'm not kept awake by my wife reading.   

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 03:39:58 PM »
A sleeping cap. Everything old is new again.

jusbnme

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 03:43:36 PM »
Definitely practical....but afraid if I wore that, I would have visions of sugar plums dancing in my head. ;D

Holy Crap Dude!!! I was thinking the same exact thing.  I couldn't get the image of T'was The Night Before Christmas out of my head.  ;D

My head doesn't get cold like that either unless I'm out in the wind.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 03:44:12 PM »
I always thought a "night cap" was an mixed drink before bed!  :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 04:13:22 PM »

now to bring back the nightshirt.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Enter your email address: