Author Topic: At what age did you shave your head? (older guys)  (Read 72499 times)

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
  • Like Mr Boombastic, I'm semi fantastic!
Re: At what age did you shave your head? (older guys)
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2017, 11:29:44 AM »
Mid 20s started shaving with clippers.  Did a wet shave a few years ago, liked it but didnt do it again for a while.  More recently Ive started wet shaving again on occasion.  I still like it, but Im lazy so I still just use clippers a lot of the time, lol.  :)

Offline gymguy66

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2017, 07:40:52 PM »
I buzzed down the first time in my early 50's....probably 12/13 years ago...kept that way till 09 or 10...got lazy...let it grow out....last month buzzed down to almost nothing....probably go slick this weekend....am 66 now'

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2017, 08:37:06 PM »
Definitely the best look for you gymguy.  Certainly beats some of the earlier versions.
Roger

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2017, 10:43:56 PM »
Always liked that the bald look, but lacked the courage. Had a few attempts in my 30s. Then at 45 and still with a reasonable head of hair, came across the SBG website. Did the 30 day trial and been bald ever since. I've really taken to the shaved head. Five years on its just as important to keep the bald look as part of my identity. I own it and it's a constant.

Then came a beard and the handlebars !

Offline lsflipper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2018, 01:43:46 AM »
51. 2012
Larry the bald guy

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2018, 07:57:06 PM »
Had some buzzcuts before but when I finally shaved my head smooth I was 47, 16 yrs ago

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2018, 11:44:44 PM »
I was about 36 when i started my BBC journey.
Before that it was short back and sides and a little off the top.

Although the first time I ever went bald was at about 26 when a bald chap from the minesite I worked on did a magic trick. I asked him to show me how he did it but he wouldn't show me until I'd shaved off all my hair - completely bald. I'd had a few beers so said yes. Turns out the answer to the magic trick was a big disappointment  haha.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2019, 06:02:16 AM »

Although the first time I ever went bald was at about 26 when a bald chap from the minesite I worked on did a magic trick. I asked him to show me how he did it but he wouldn't show me until I'd shaved off all my hair - completely bald. I'd had a few beers so said yes. Turns out the answer to the magic trick was a big disappointment  haha.

Hahaha, at least you gain a great haircut

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2019, 01:20:10 AM »

So is that what planted the seed for you?   did you find out you were surprised that you actually kind of liked it ?

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #129 on: March 10, 2019, 11:21:07 AM »
I was about 56 when I shaved my head.I was losing my hair at 29,so when it got to the point where it looked awful then I buzzed it down.by 40 I was bald on top and receding down the back.in 2005 I had cancer and thats when the rest of my hair in spots got thin.at 56 I decided to shave it all off,and I was glad,it made me happier and with more confident.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2019, 09:28:00 AM »
Kind of a related thought to the subject of this post.

When bald/shaved, we always look the same. No new hairstyle, no bad haircuts, no good/bad hair days, no new gray hair, etc.

Being that we look the same everyday—plus/minus a little stubble.

I wonder if people think we're not aging like our peers? I say that because whenever I see people I haven't seen in a long long time, I always hear, 'you look the same.'  Which I think is a good thing?

On the other hand, when I see peers from my school days, who are now thinning or lost inches to their hairline, I think they look terrible although I keep my mouth shut.

Thoughts?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2019, 10:16:55 AM »
Right Chris. I see it as an advantage to have the same great looking hairstyle everyday. I remember going to the barbershop once a month, never knowing how your haircut will turn out. Luckily, I've been blessed with dads  good genes, and at 65, have almost no wrinkles.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2019, 10:26:06 AM »
Right Chris. I see it as an advantage to have the same great looking hairstyle everyday. I remember going to the barbershop once a month, never knowing how your haircut will turn out. Luckily, I've been blessed with dads  good genes, and at 65, have almost no wrinkles.
Exactly right. Sometimes my buddies will land a bad haircut from time to time. It's something that makes us baldies grimace. At least we're consistent w/ our appearance.

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2019, 01:25:03 PM »
I remember too many bad hair cut days before I shaved my head at the barbershop.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2019, 01:53:57 PM »
My ex wife was a great hairstylist. She gave me great haircuts, but she cut it the way she liked it, always a longer style. After the divorce, I went to barbershops, and could never count on a good haircut. Now I can count on a great cut everyday, and not having the white hair is a bonus!
Bald by choice, and loving it!