Author Topic: Help PLEASE!!!!!  (Read 3993 times)

Offline hotrn

• Sly Jr.
Help PLEASE!!!!!
« on: November 12, 2011, 10:02:23 AM »
Ok, I haven't gotten up the nerve to shave just yet, but this might be the last straw! For about a week now the back part of my head has been itching and the slightest bit puffy. I sctatch it and it goes away, but as the time progresses the itch gets worse and worse and now my scalp is pure sore! I haven't changed soap, shampoo, hair gel, or laundry soap, so what can it be?? What do I need to do to get some relief---MY HEAD IS ON FIRE AS I TYPE!!!!!!!

There's a bald hearted dude waiting to get out!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: Help PLEASE!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 10:10:45 AM »
If it's been going on for a week, time to see a professional. I'd drop into a clinic and have it looked at asap.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 10:12:11 AM »

Offline hotrn

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 10:19:25 AM »
It could very well be folliculitus. I was thinking more along the lines of the S. Dermititis because I am going through an eczma outbreak on my lower legs as well, but you guys here know more about this stuff than I do that's why I asked ya'll.

marty22

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 11:19:11 AM »
keep it short until youre ready to join us.

Offline theebaldguy

• Sly Penguin
  • Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 05:38:08 PM »
It could very well be folliculitus. I was thinking more along the lines of the S. Dermititis because I am going through an eczma outbreak on my lower legs as well, but you guys here know more about this stuff than I do that's why I asked ya'll.

I don't think any of us are qualified to diagnose what might be amiss. As TheSlyBear says, see a professional.
Just say no to rugs!

Offline seanmil666

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 12:16:49 PM »
Agree with above to see your physician about this.
It is easy when you are in healthcare (you are an RN, right?) to try and figure out your own health issues (I understand this inclination as well).  But I find I am always wrong.
Could be folliculitis, cellulitis, dermatitis (eczema, seborrheic), psoriasis, fungal, as well as others.  Do yourself a favor and touch base with your physician about it.
Also, hold off shaving till you see your physician.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:19:55 PM by seanmil666 »

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 09:34:22 PM »
Ditto on Seanmill666's message. Hope your condition will be better soon.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline hotrn

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 05:36:37 PM »
Well I've been to the doctor and I have Seborriac Dermitis! The doctor gave me a RX for some cream to use and the stuff was so expensive ($300+) that CVS didnt even stock it. I asked the doctor if SHE thought that if I would shave my head and keep it moisturized wouldnt that help and she said no and wherever I had heard that was HOGWASH! I also told my parents about the CURE that I had found and they went balistic and told me that I was NUTZ for beliving that mess and I should pay for the cream!!!!! I NEED SOME SUPPORT!!!!! I did tell them that if I wasnt any better by my nest off day ( this Thursday) that I was shaving my head no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THINK!?!?!?!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 08:11:25 PM »
The price $300 seems way to much. There surely is much cheaper medicine that could be tried first. Some doctors I really wonder about.  ???
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Slynito

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 09:26:06 PM »
Would it hurt your condition more if you buzzed your head? Or shaved it clean?

Offline hotrn

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 06:18:42 AM »
I don't think so. Schro said that he had the same condition and shaving was the only way he got relief. My issue is all of the grief I'm catching from my folks about want to shave it down to see if it will help.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 06:35:44 AM »
My issue is all of the grief I'm catching from my folks about want to shave it down to see if it will help.
You're the 24/7 guy here--unless they have the sb and thinning issues too, their only issue is acknowledging that you're old enough to make these decisions yourself. 

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 06:02:15 PM »
Focus on your self and what you need to do, you are an adult and can make decisions on your own and be not affected or influenced by your parents. The $300 price tag of your cream is way too much, I am sure there are lesser alternatives that will work just as well. Hope your condition gets better soon.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!