Author Topic: Best clippers that shave as close as a razor?  (Read 157567 times)

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
Re: Best clippers that shave as close as a razor?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 04:35:02 PM »
Sir Harry,

Glad that you found something that works well for You. I have a wahl bald clippers but have not used it much. The Panasonic wet/dry shave razors work great too.

:)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 03:51:44 PM »
Thanks, baldjoeg! I used the Andis and they cut pretty close I must say! I have the "horseshoe" picture showing now, but will post a new shaved picture soon!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline devilsfan

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 03:02:53 PM »
So I invested £15 in a wahl clipper and I was deeply disapointed with how short it cuts compared to my last one.

I just want to know which clippers have got the shortest zero cut? I hope you understand what I mean, I just want a clipper that gets as close to a razor shaved length as possible.

Thank you!

Offline devilsfan

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 03:19:14 PM »
In April '09 I purchased the Andis gbrc model of clipper and back then started with a 3.5 blade for a buzz cut look.  Over the past 2.5 years I've gone shorter and shorter and just purchased the .00000 Andis ceramic blade.  This cuts to 1/125 of an inch or .2mm (nearly but not entirely bald).  My routine is shave cream and Headblade up to the crown and then the top with the aforementioned clipper blade to leave just a little stubble. Then I repeat this every 2-3 days.  I've also gone full SLY at times depending on my mood.  Quite liberating as I haven't paid for a haircut in nearly 3 years and on top of that get a 98% approval rating on my look, which now includes a goatee as well.  Best of luck to you.

Slynito

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 06:50:28 PM »
In April '09 I purchased the Andis gbrc model of clipper and back then started with a 3.5 blade for a buzz cut look.  Over the past 2.5 years I've gone shorter and shorter and just purchased the .00000 Andis ceramic blade.  This cuts to 1/125 of an inch or .2mm (nearly but not entirely bald).  My routine is shave cream and Headblade up to the crown and then the top with the aforementioned clipper blade to leave just a little stubble. Then I repeat this every 2-3 days.  I've also gone full SLY at times depending on my mood.  Quite liberating as I haven't paid for a haircut in nearly 3 years and on top of that get a 98% approval rating on my look, which now includes a goatee as well.  Best of luck to you.

Seen the Andis and it looks top of the line. It should give a close buzz if'n that's whatcha want.

Offline LAGLE

• Proud To Be Bald By Choice (BBC)
  • Sly
  • Hooah
    • Army Blog
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 04:58:26 PM »
I use the conair clenahead, review my review on the forums if you wish, good set of clipers

Offline Cris

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Intermittently Bald By Choice
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 10:59:58 PM »
Sir Harry,

Glad that you found something that works well for You. I have a wahl bald clippers but have not used it much. The Panasonic wet/dry shave razors work great too.

:)
philips headgroom

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 07:30:14 PM »
I was using the Conair them switched to the Panasonic which was closer yet. Recently I went to the Fusion after the Panny and it's the best I've had. Dome is super slick now.  :@`

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2012, 05:36:12 AM »
I bought  a couple of weeks ago this nice  device  that will  shave you bald  and almost  down to a  shine  level . I will admit its  wquicker to use  a  razor . This is  not bad at all  and  will show  skin and  smoothness its  a   Phillips  Balder  there is a nice You tube   video of it  made in france  . It is  battery operated d  and rechargeable  , thought it would be good for travelling which  is a porblem to keep  up my high standards  of head grooming and smoothness . It will cut  incrementally from a  No2 down  to what must  be 0000.

Offline Derris The Barber

• Sly
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2012, 07:44:48 PM »
hey you guys I'm a barber and the BEST clippers to get your hair shaved down without razor shaving is the "Wahl Balding Clipper" I use these clippers for shaving the head bald before a razor shave, for fades, and high and tights! They shave all your hair down to the equivalent of a day's worth of hair growth that would come form a razor shaved head!SO these are the BEST to buy! Here's a link! Plus READ THE GREAT REVIEWS!

http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Professional-8110-Balding-Clipper/dp/B000VVT94G

-Derris The Barber

marty22

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 08:21:33 PM »
welcome!

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2012, 08:24:13 PM »
 Thanks Derris ; Think i`ll give them a try . . . 

Offline Derris The Barber

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2012, 08:12:59 AM »
you're welcome sir!
-Derris The Barber

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2012, 07:17:02 AM »
For the closest shave with a clipper you need the balding ones. Wahl 5 star is the best

Slynito

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 07:46:01 AM »
hey you guys I'm a barber and the BEST clippers to get your hair shaved down without razor shaving is the "Wahl Balding Clipper" I use these clippers for shaving the head bald before a razor shave, for fades, and high and tights! They shave all your hair down to the equivalent of a day's worth of hair growth that would come form a razor shaved head!SO these are the BEST to buy! Here's a link! Plus READ THE GREAT REVIEWS!

http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Professional-8110-Balding-Clipper/dp/B000VVT94G

These look like good clippers with a powerful motor...I always read reviews too, especially the 2 stars.