Author Topic: Embracing my legacy; Baldness.  (Read 11308 times)

Offline FishingLegend96

• Learning the way of Sly
Embracing my legacy; Baldness.
« on: May 03, 2016, 10:30:19 AM »
Growing up I had the most beautiful hair. Few people could compare, I constantly received compliments for my curly locks. Took me awhile to come to terms that one of the strongest points of my look was starting to vanish. Trying to hide it was no longer worth it so I started to keep it short then just decided to shave for the first time. Feels good honestly, I've come to terms with my lineage. Here's to being bald and 20. 👍🏻

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Embracing my legacy; Baldness.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 11:07:38 AM »
Welcome to the board, FishingLegend!

Congratulations on having the confidence and fortitude to face reality head on and take control. I am glad you are happy with your decision. It looks good.

"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 11:36:03 AM »
Looking good, well done mate

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 11:47:08 AM »
Welcome! It looks good on you..Must be shocking to see all that hair start to thin out right away, but you handled it well, IMO.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline kerryman

• Sly
  • Life is what you make of it
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 01:32:02 PM »
Well done to you for having the courage to move on at 20. Many of us who went bald young spent too much time in denial rather than facing up as you have done . I think you will look back in a month's time and be very proud at having taken the leap . If i have learnt one thing from going "sly" its this. Hairloss only really matters to the person losing it . Life still goes on and people get used to the bald head. You seem like a good looking young man anyway so make the most the most of your 20's and enjoy life to the full . !
Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??

Offline FishingLegend96

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 02:02:24 PM »
Appreciate all the positive comments. Shaved again today, going to try to keep the 30 day shave intact. Leaving for Navy basic in 5 weeks and I plan on keeping it shaved during that too. It's a rejuvenating feeling not wearing a hat everywhere I go. Can only get better from this point on. Just going to stay in shape and try to get a little sun, the cool spring breeze has never felt better though!!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 02:46:03 PM »
Well done. Suits u

Offline bbc2012

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 02:55:27 PM »
Suits you. Perfect look for you.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 04:03:35 PM »
Best complimemts for your decision! It's not easy at 20.
But you look great and hou will start to enjoy it soon!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 05:47:56 PM by zetaeffe »

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 05:26:11 PM »
Looking good man!!

Offline J_Scott

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 06:45:02 PM »
Congrats on taking the plunge man, it looks really good. Here's to being bald in our 20s!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 06:46:39 PM »
Welcome. Looks Good.  Keep it shaved as you enter the Navy. They will probably want to give you buzz cut just for the heck of it!  You'll get the 'prize' for the least hair on the floor after your entrance clipper cut!

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 11:57:58 PM »
Appreciate all the positive comments. Shaved again today, going to try to keep the 30 day shave intact. Leaving for Navy basic in 5 weeks and I plan on keeping it shaved during that too. It's a rejuvenating feeling not wearing a hat everywhere I go. Can only get better from this point on. Just going to stay in shape and try to get a little sun, the cool spring breeze has never felt better though!!
Looks great - and great timing on the decision.  They would have given you a #1 clipper buzz when you got to Great Lakes anyway and fully shaved scalp looks MUCH better than a thinning #1!  The shaved head makes you look more mature than the other youngsters who will be running around with their "boot buzzes".
I was just up at Great Lakes today, (I am retired Navy and I was doing some business on the base.  Spring has finally arrived, the trees are in blossom and the bitter winds off of the Lake are subsiding.  The weather will be the nicest is can possibly be here  when you come for basic.  By the end of your basic it will actually be HOT here for a couple of weeks, ( our Summer only lasts a few weeks here).  You won't get much time to write or surf the net while you are in basic but remember that we will be thinking of you
I am looking forward to your writing and letting us know that you have graduated so that I can you; "Shipmate"!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 04:40:03 AM »
Best of luck in the Navy!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 05:57:22 AM »
You wear the sly well.  Congratulations on making the bold move to go sly.    As retired military I got a kick out of your joy of not wearing a hat......since while you are IN the military you can never be outdoors in uniform without one.   Enjoy it now
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost