Author Topic: motorcycles!  (Read 27996 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: motorcycles!
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2014, 10:51:53 PM »
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah; I know:  How quickly we forget the pain!  I used the insurance proceeds and added a bit to it and got a three wheeler.   It is a lot safer for me.  2012 Can-Am Spyder RTS Limited.  It is a very different ride than a standard bike but it is a real long distance touring machine!

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2014, 10:45:29 AM »
Surprised I never saw this thread before.

In any case, I ride an '08 Ultra Classic, but it's been stripped down and looks like a Street Glide.  Absolutely love it, best bike I've owned.  This is Bike #4 for me. 

Bike #3 was an 03 Heritage Softail with 18" apes.  That was totaled by my Insurance Co. when I went down back in May of this year.  Splitting lanes at a reasonable speed and an SVU decides to cut into me and pushed me into another car.  I thought I could keep the bike up, but ended up going down.  No major injuries except for road rash on my left forearm and a bruised tailbone.  I used the insurance money to buy Bike #4 above.

Bike #2 was an 01 Softail Custom.  Went down on that bike back in the summer of 2013 due to some oil on the road, that many feel were intentionally placed there for the sole purpose of causing accidents.  No major injuries except of road rash on both arms, the worst being on my left upper arm.  We were able to fix that bike and did some custom work on it.  Great bike but sadly, it started to have engine issues.  And that's why I got Bike #3 above.

Bike #1 was an 03 Softail Deuce 100th Anniversary Edition.  Beautiful bike!  I bought it in 2010 with only 6000 miles on it!  Loved it, treated me well, never had any major issues with it, even though I went airborne on that bike taking a curve to fast and hopping a center divider.  I landed squarely on both tires and kept right on going, didn't go down.  Sadly that bike was stolen from in front of my house. Insurance took almost 3 months (Geico then, I'm with Progressive now and am much happier) to settle the loss and pay me for the bike!  It was frustrating having to wait so long.  When I finally got the payment, I used it to buy Bike #2.

Attached are some pics of my bikes, past and present.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2014, 10:46:59 AM »
Here's the 03 Heritage.  It's the one next to the Sporty with the 18" apes.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline Double Diablo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2015, 07:26:58 AM »
I bought my first bike in 1977 when I was still in high school.  It was a Kawasaki KZ900.  With the bike and my shoulder length hair I quickly became the "Don't you dare date that guy" kid in the eyes of most of the girls in my school.

In 1988 when I was stationed at Ft. Bragg I bought a GPZ900 Ninja.  Exactly like the one Tom Cruise rode in "Top Gun."  Had been riding without ever having an accident for over 35 years (lowsides at the track don't count) until a car turned right in front off me in 2013.  Broken collarbone, torn shoulder and a badly mangled leg.  Took me a long time to recover.  But I bought a bike when I still a couple of surgeries left to go on my leg and rode with a big brace.

I ain't dying.  I'm just shot up a little is all- Mox Mox

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2016, 07:48:26 AM »
Glad you are still in the wind.   Also glad your injuries were not more serious.  I had a. V-Rod trike until last fall when  I met somebody that has money to blow and really liked it so I sold it. I currently ride in 04 Fatboy that I love. One of the things that I did not like about the trike was having the muscle through the turns and the general ride. last week I discovered a company called "tilted motor works' when Jay Leno featured them on his YouTube channel.   I put my deposit down and will be buying one of those this summer.  It's truly the only trike that actually leans so much the point where you can scrape the floorboards. It's awesome
AKA Gimpy

Offline zeligtheblessed

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2016, 01:40:12 AM »
new baldie here but i've been a biker for longer than i remember, i currently ride a Victory Cross Roads Classic, i would say its my all time fav bike, i've all types of cruisers/baggers though. travelled all the way from the rocky mountains to each coast and both borders. now i'm skin head i fit in a little better haha

Offline wilsun

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2016, 06:59:12 AM »
I've only recently started riding. Always wanted to learn... finally took a MSF course through a Harley Davidson dealer (being an EMT I was able to take it for free too), and finally got my motorcycle endorsement last winter.

Here's my bike... 2003 Honda Shadow ACE. It's not new, but it's new to me!

« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 07:11:00 AM by wilsun »

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2017, 12:29:11 PM »
Well earlier in this thread I  mentioned my 2011 Ultra Classic. I traded that Bike in back in March of 2014 for an Indian Chieftain. The Indian is the best Bike I've ever owned.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline oldbaldguy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2020, 05:35:23 AM »
Well nobody has posted in a while So first ride of the season
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 05:37:50 AM by oldbaldguy »

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2020, 11:01:41 PM »
i’m not allowed To ride motorcycles any. But for a few years I rode a 100 anniversary Harley Road King.  after having a gnarly accident I  switched over to the Can-Am Spyder  RT but I found that I got absolutely no respect and was occasionally told to; “ drive my snowmobile in the back of the pack”!