Author Topic: A word of Caution! Disadvantage!  (Read 10178 times)

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
A word of Caution! Disadvantage!
« on: February 07, 2007, 09:03:18 AM »
Just a word of caution to my sly friends.  Do not attempt to go through a standard doorway sideways.  You won't fit and your perfect bald head will pay the price.  I did this at home this morning.  Due to a lack of closet space some of my kids clothes hang in a doorway.  As I tried to duck under, I smashed the top of my head.  Peeled off skin in probably a 2x2 inch area.  I even had my stocking hat on, which cushioned the blow some.  Wonder it didn't knock me out. :-[

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: A word of Caution! Disadvantage!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 09:08:20 AM »
post pics. explaining how this happened. unless you are very tall, i am confused. :D

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 09:11:11 AM »
actually, explanation is ok. Don't know if I want to see a pic of a 2x2 gouge on the head of a sly brother.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 09:25:39 AM »
GOOD POINT.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 09:26:44 AM »
My noggin and I will hold a moment of silence for your recent loss.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 09:33:14 AM »
Ouch!  I had a somewhat similar and recent experience climbing into a dozer wearing a baseball cap and finding (with my head) the corner of a radio which was mounted quite solidly in the cab of the cat.  I now wear only visorless headwear to work!
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 12:00:07 PM »
Maybe I didn't explain it very well.  As I went to duck under the clothes I bent sideways, instead of bending over forwards or doing the limbo under them.  That's when I conked my head, on the side of the doorway.  Thus proving I cannot fit through the door sideways. :XX

Being the sly tough guy that I am, I went ahead with my shave as usual this morning. O:O

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 12:44:48 PM »
Brutal!  I hate hittin' the ol' noggin' on things.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Drackare

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 08:47:19 PM »
I know what that is like....i did something close.....I had just shaved my head..and was walking down a flight of steep stair which had a low ceiling and nailed the top of my head. I had a 1x1 inch gash....hurt like a %$$%*&%...to make matters  worse my mother was getting remarried that day and i was walking her down the isle...

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 08:51:22 PM »
My bean seems quite sensitive since I've been shaving regularly.  I barely touched the corner of the range hood while making dinner tonight and it hurt.  I hope this goes away after a while.
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 08:26:55 AM »
 :-[ Hope the damage heals quickly. One of the few good things about being short is that standard doorways pose no danger to me, but that is not true of the plumbing in my 100 year old house. Conked and seared the dome on a sizzling pipe about a week ago. All healed by now but keep ducking as if the pipes were out to get me. Might Afrin help? Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline bungalow bill

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 09:25:44 AM »
Hey Medic. Dont know what you guys think but i seem to have banged my noggin a lot more since shaving my head.  I wonder if hair acts as some sort of warning system if your about to bang your head,or maybe im just getting old?

Bill

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 09:49:37 AM »
Hey Medic. Dont know what you guys think but i seem to have banged my noggin a lot more since shaving my head.  I wonder if hair acts as some sort of warning system if your about to bang your head,or maybe im just getting old?

Bill

oooh, maybe it does, kinda like cat's whiskers  :o
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline bungalow bill

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 01:04:52 PM »
Hey Magmababe. You should know as you definitely are the proverbial in my book,"Miaoooow"

Bill

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 01:15:33 PM »
Hey Magmababe. You should know as you definitely are the proverbial in my book,"Miaoooow"

Bill

(giggles) thanks Bill ;)  :-*
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington