Author Topic: A Red and Irritated Scalp  (Read 16960 times)

Offline 2FNfun

• Learning the way of Sly
  • well folks i did it.
Re: A Red and Irritated Scalp
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 01:21:38 PM »
i actually buzzed my hair today and have the exact same problem. red blotches is what it looks like? i have no idea how to get rid of this but would apperciate some suggestions. hesitant with become fully sly if my scalp is going to be a nasty red color is certain spots...

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 07:43:37 PM »
The friction of the clippers or razor can sometimes cause some temporary redness, which fades on its own in 20-30 minutes.  Or your scalp just might need some time to get used to being buzzed or shaved.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 08:02:40 PM »
Try 1% hydrocortizone lotion--not creme--after washing with a mild anti-bacteria soap, such as Cuticura.  It's non-prescription and available at most full stocked drug stores.

Offline oldkookskater

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 02:23:21 PM »
Every couple of months my scalp reacts.  I usually don't shave for maybe two or three days and it goes away.  This last time, it was the sides of my head and my face, where I shave, that reacted.  I'm not sure to what - I haven't changed any soaps or used anything other than what I presently use.  All I could see is maybe I let the razor go once or twice too long without changing it.
rob

Offline danimal

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 10:24:09 PM »
Hello Everybody! I am a new member and I thought I would join the community with a response regarding my acne problems...

I always had acne growing up. I am now 25 and am mostly clear except for an occasional breakout, but I recently went sly and had breakouts on my dome. I cannot stress this enough...

www.acne.org

This site changed my life when I was younger and struggling with acne. It gives you an affordable and easy to follow regimen that has worked for thousands of people. After I went sly I followed the regimen for my head and I cleared up in no time. There is also a great support community on the site as well. I wish you the best!

Offline 120inna55

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • 120inna55
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 05:40:22 PM »
Welcome danimal!

I'm going to pick up some T. N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel.  Do I just use it like aftershave?  It there any need afterwards to use a moisturizer?

For instance, I (being a newbie) use Bump Patrol immediately after shaving.  The included instructions indicate you can use a moisturizer about 5 minutes after application of the Bump Patrol. (It should be noted Bump Patrol, Original Formula does not contain witch hazel, but the Maximum Strength does. I was not able to find the Maximum Strength in my local stores).

Offline 120inna55

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • 120inna55
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 08:24:55 AM »
I picked up the T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel.  I used it a few days.  I can't tell if it's doing any good,  but it feels good.  I have some razor burn from the original shave a week ago.  So I'm giving the scalp a rest for a few days.  I sure was enjoying the slick, but I need to let the burn heal so I don't keep re-aggravating it.  The Witch Hazel smells like gin, by the way.  :D