Author Topic: What made you go bald?  (Read 283696 times)

Offline beardedbaldgerman

• Sly
Re: What made you go bald?
« Reply #420 on: February 27, 2013, 10:31:48 PM »
I was (still am) on a business trip for a week and went for a haircut last friday. The following two days I always had to look at the receding hairline at the temples (maybe it is just in my head). And in a mirror in a fitting room I could see that the hair on top is also thinning a bit. So two days ago I went do a barber and just asked for a baldie. I have not been home since and will return tomorrow. So no reactions so far (only on the phone).

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #421 on: March 06, 2013, 12:52:31 PM »
I unleashed my inner baldness due a couple of factors. I have been really aware more and  more of the area of thinning hair at my temple and a lovely spreading bald spot at the back. Been going grey fast the last 6 months too and though sod this for a game of soldiers. Tyler's 30 day rule video was the turning point for me and I just dived right into baldness (very nervously though). I still have moments of doubt about what I have done but they are overpowered by the moments of loving it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 04:46:29 AM by Adamski1972 »

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #422 on: March 06, 2013, 01:02:09 PM »
I I leashed my inner baldness due a couple of factors. I have been really aware more and  more of the area of thinning hair at my temples and a lovely bald spot at the back. Been going grey fast the last 6 months too and though sod this for a game of soldiers. Tyler's 30 day rule video was the turning point for me and I just dived right into baldness (very nervously though). I still have moments of doubt about what I have done but they are overpowered by the moments of loving it.

And you mirror keeps replying back "awesome look" !  Glad you have more sly moments of joy !

Offline baldie_beats

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #423 on: May 06, 2013, 03:22:16 AM »
Started losing hair in my early 20's. Not sure if it was just genetics or an unhealthy lifestyle. Tried medicated shampoo but got tired of fighting a losing battle. BICced my head one day, and loved the feeling.

Since then, I just rock it bald. I wear baller caps so I don't get burnt. Use moisturizer with SPF 30+ when I can find it,  I make sure my caps match my suit. Fashion is dope.

Most memorable experience is when I had a girl who COULDN'T STOP LICKING my head all over. We'd get down to business and she's be all on my dome like I'd covered it with honey (or vegemite - case by case).

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #424 on: May 06, 2013, 08:49:04 AM »
We were "encouraged" to find something to boost ratings for a sweeps week. It was Friday, I was alone at  home, I found a pair of clippers in my hand and then some water, foam and a razor....and I was bald. Fifteen years ago.
BTW, we gained four rating points over CBS....

Offline ShavenHaven

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #425 on: May 06, 2013, 10:21:07 AM »
Like most people I guess, just thought 'f**k it, lets get this sh*t over with'  O0

Offline jedge01

• Sly Jr.
  • Jim
« Reply #426 on: May 20, 2013, 07:02:46 AM »
My inspiration was a practical joke on my wife. I had been wearing my hair "high and tight" for several years, and this one week in July of 2001, we were on a short vacation with her parents. Well, my wife, her mother, sisters, and our daughters took off shopping, and her dad was at work, leavings e to my own means. I had gotten out of the shower, and looked in the mirror and thought "you need a haircut." And it just happened from there. Needless to say they all freaked out when they got home. It was awesome!  :*)) That was on a Wednesday. Friday I would find out my mom had pancreatic cancer. Then I kept it shaved for her, she wouldn't be the only one with no hair.

After she died 3 months later, I realized that it was an ok look for me. I was used to it. I haven't looked back. My wife and daughters can't remember me with hair, and my son and grandchildren have never seen me with hair.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #427 on: May 28, 2013, 12:36:33 PM »
It's the little events which make me stay bald.

My new manager commented on a project which I finished last year. She said "don't know how you did it, I would have torn my hair out !"

To which I replied "I had hair before I started the project !"

How we laughed in the office.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #428 on: June 01, 2013, 03:45:18 PM »
Great story mr J, the bald pate seems to be a never ending source of amusement, but once a man truly owns the look (as most of us here do!) it's always a good laugh rather than embarrassment or shame. I remember when I first shaved, if people made jokes I would get really self conscious, but now I love having a laugh at my own head. And I have SBG, and guys like you and Harry that joined at the same time to thank for a lot of my improvement. So I update my previous reasons... I'm bald because it was meant to be!

Offline Focus

• Sly
« Reply #429 on: June 01, 2013, 04:30:22 PM »
Great story mr J, the bald pate seems to be a never ending source of amusement, but once a man truly owns the look (as most of us here do!) it's always a good laugh rather than embarrassment or shame. I remember when I first shaved, if people made jokes I would get really self conscious, but now I love having a laugh at my own head.

You're right, to avoid any embarrassment, you have to be the first one to joke. Like you and Mr J., the one who is ready to joke about himself is free of any shame.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #430 on: June 01, 2013, 08:30:59 PM »
Great story mr J, the bald pate seems to be a never ending source of amusement, but once a man truly owns the look (as most of us here do!) it's always a good laugh rather than embarrassment or shame. I remember when I first shaved, if people made jokes I would get really self conscious, but now I love having a laugh at my own head. And I have SBG, and guys like you and Harry that joined at the same time to thank for a lot of my improvement. So I update my previous reasons... I'm bald because it was meant to be!

Well said, Matt, I think we all helped each other when we first joined...To me being able to make jokes about oneself is not only a step in the right direction of accepting bald, it's a big step in the direction of owning it!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #431 on: June 02, 2013, 03:19:03 AM »
I couldn't agree more Harry, I truly think my confidence as a person has improved overall.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #432 on: June 02, 2013, 05:18:32 AM »
Slyfive,

'Owning the bald look' ... That's a great way of putting it !! Yep, the sly look is ours for keeps.

Herr Jules (currently in Munich, Germany)

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #433 on: June 02, 2013, 05:48:02 AM »
Clippers. Followed by foam and a razor.

Offline diducmeb4

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #434 on: June 02, 2013, 07:44:07 AM »
My wife finally convinced me.  Being a barber/beautician by trade, she see allot of heads every day and decided I would look better with no hair rather than what little I had remaining on top.  I initially just couldn't take the full plunge and started out with wearing about an1/8 inch but after three days we shaving it down.  Glad I did - looks much better and gave me a reason to grow my goatee again.  Everyone really likes my new look!
Hair is over rated ...