Author Topic: Bald Man Blues  (Read 23724 times)

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
Re: Bald Man Blues
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 04:02:07 AM »
Harry,
Do you think it would be possible that the look may grow on her after some time? Would that be a possibility for her at all?

Hm, I don't think that's going to happen. She thinks I look great with the bald look (told me so herself).
I think it's more of a "I want to have hair to stroke or grab and pull during certain moments..." thing, if you know what I mean. ::)

However, I'm not going to let my hair grow back, no way. I must have been temporarily insane from love to even vaguely consider such a thing. Ah, love can do that to you...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 06:14:31 AM by happyharry »
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 05:32:16 AM »
 ;D ;D What good news, Happyharry! Whew, for a day or so I moped around, thinking we were going to lose our moderator. Yours was the first post I read today, so you've set up the day to be happy. If the Canadian lass is the right one, she'll come to love your slick pate--and find something else (ears ?) to hold onto during certain moments. And all will be well. It's a bit early, but here goes, anyway [forgive my transcription of the Cyrillic], Kala Christoyanou!
Embrace the bald truth

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 06:19:44 AM »
Ha ha, thanks, Professor. :D

by the way, you almost got it right - it's "kala Christooyenna"

And in Greek (I hope the site will display the Greek characters): Καλά Χριστούγεννα
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 07:15:36 AM »
Basically, it's not about whether or not I'm going to stay bald and whether or not I'll bend to her
wishes. It's about love, and wanting to please your partner (which is a natural sentiment between lovers).

Of course I'd like to please her. But if it's about something that's very important to me (such as my baldness), then of course I won't bent to anybodies wishes and I'll try to figure something out that would please all parties involved, such as a compromise. I'll have to have a serious talk with her, making sure she understands and accepts my point of view - and making sure she'll be happy with the outcome.

So, don't worry folks, HappyHarry will remain bald, bold and beautiful...
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 07:22:29 AM »
Great news Harry!!! I'm glad you're sticking to your guns and not giving in.

At this point in my life, bald is a huge part of who I am. Anyone who doesn't want to accept it can keep on walkin.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2006, 07:23:55 AM »
good for you harry. my son wanted me to grow my hair back for awhile. ( he will be 6 in jan.) but i think he is over it. not really the same as your situation, but i kinda know how you feel. he cried and said he wouldn't talk to me until i grew it out. that only lasted a couple days and he decided it was ok. so everyone is happy with it now. people have said they don't even remember me with hair, it is funny really.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2006, 07:42:20 AM »
Thanks for your kind words, guys! :)

Yeah, I won't give up my baldness. But that doesn't mean that it can't be tough being bald sometimes.
Paul, you mentioned your son. See, what I mean? It's tough if someone who loves you, and whom you love, wants you to change something about yourself that you hold dearly.
It's a precarious situation, and it can put you in doubt sometimes.
But if you prevail in the end, everything's fine, and once more, the sun sets on your bald pate as you ride towards the horizon...

Who loves ya, baby?

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2006, 07:50:48 AM »
it got so bad, he actually told me he wouldn't love me if i didn't have a hat on. keep in mind he had just turned 5 but it still made me think if i had screwed up. but he is cool now. i think if she loves you she will understand how important this is to you. if she can't deal with it for some reason, then maybe you should come to louisiana and we can find you a cajun woman. they seem to love bald heads. hahaha

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2006, 10:53:09 AM »
This whole thing reminds me of a Sienfeld episode where Elaine dates a swimmer with a bald head but sees a picture of him with hair. She asks him to grow it back, so he does. As its growing in, he realizes that he is bald and gets depressed.

I'm sure I was going somewhere with this but I just blanked out. So YEAH!

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2006, 10:56:15 AM »
Happy Harry we salute your boldness.

Many a man have been seduced by a temptress promising tantilizing delights. But you have stood strong and rejected the song of the sirens.

Be proud!

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2006, 11:44:43 AM »
We also salute your baldness
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2006, 11:47:34 AM »

Many a man have been seduced by a temptress promising tantilizing delights. But you have stood strong and rejected the song of the sirens.

Be proud!

Aye, I have stood strong, but will it do me any good? That remains to be seen.... ;D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 12:46:19 PM by happyharry »
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2006, 06:31:31 PM »

Be proud!

Aye, I have stood strong, but will it do me any good? That remains to be seen.... ;D

It's been a little while Harry, how goes it with the lady friend?

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2006, 03:18:54 AM »
We're doing great. There's just that huge thing between us - it's called the Atlantic ocean.
But other than that, things are great. Thanks.
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 06:33:39 PM »
We're doing great. There's just that huge thing between us - it's called the Atlantic ocean.
But other than that, things are great. Thanks.

Yeah that distance thing sucks