Author Topic: Please Help Me Guys  (Read 22797 times)

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
Re: Please Help Me Guys
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2007, 10:51:23 AM »
or as the Bible says [paraphrased] "Don't go trying to get the speck out of someone else's eye when you have a TWO-BY-FOUR jutting out of your own eye."

Whoa Robbie, being kinda liberal with the word "paraphrased" arntcha?   ;D
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2007, 10:56:06 AM »
Well said Paul @ 02 April 2007, 23:04:10

Offline HotCajun

• Super Sly
    • myspace
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2007, 02:51:24 PM »
You guys are too funny.Thanks so much for all the support.This guy is not as close a friend as he used to be.I think I just gave him too much of the benefit of the doubt.I know better now.As long as I'm doing what makes me happy,that's all that counts.The hell with him.He also criticizes me by saying that I should work out more because my arms are not built up enough.He wants me to be just like him. He also told me that I'm bowlegged {which I'm not} I'm just slightly pigeon toed on one side.I'm just tired of all his negativity.

Don.....that man is NO FRIEND....sounds to me like he has all this hair and all these muscles and he looks over at you and sees that you are happy with just being you and he can't stand it!!! I think there is some jealousy in a lot of what he tells you.....like I said, he's not happy with himself. You can have all the hair and muscles in the world, but if you don't love yourself then none of it is worth it!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2007, 03:41:03 PM »
You guys are too funny.Thanks so much for all the support.This guy is not as close a friend as he used to be.I think I just gave him too much of the benefit of the doubt.I know better now.As long as I'm doing what makes me happy,that's all that counts.The hell with him.He also criticizes me by saying that I should work out more because my arms are not built up enough.He wants me to be just like him. He also told me that I'm bowlegged {which I'm not} I'm just slightly pigeon toed on one side.I'm just tired of all his negativity.

Don.....that man is NO FRIEND....sounds to me like he has all this hair and all these muscles and he looks over at you and sees that you are happy with just being you and he can't stand it!!! I think there is some jealousy in a lot of what he tells you.....like I said, he's not happy with himself. You can have all the hair and muscles in the world, but if you don't love yourself then none of it is worth it!!!

HJ, how did you ever get to be so wise?  Are you sure Paulie is related to you? :*))
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 03:57:13 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline HotCajun

• Super Sly
    • myspace
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2007, 03:54:51 PM »

HJ, how did you ever get to be so wise?  Are you sure Paulie is related to you?

Yup...we're related.....lol

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2007, 06:45:54 AM »
Hey guys & gals...

Some of you expressed an interest in me reposting the "I refuse" mantra that I posted earlier in this thread, as it's own thread (still with me?... good.).

I'd be interested in posting it as it's own thread, so you all can add your own stuff to it.. to help it grow. Just post a reply in the same format:

I refuse to _______________________________
I will instead _____________________________

I'd like to see how far these kind of affirmations can go.

Here's the thing....

Where the heck do you post a thread like that? Under what heading/subheading?

Ideas? Opinions? Thoughts?

Whaddayathink?
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2007, 12:35:36 PM »
Hey Vash,

Post it in the "To Be or Not Be Bald" board and I'll make it a sticky.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2007, 03:08:55 AM »
Thanks Tyler, done and done.... I posted it in To Be or Not Be Bald titled     
"SLY Affirmations (An Individuals Manifesto)"

Lets see where this thing goes folks   O0
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx