Author Topic: Please tell me your most amusing tale while trying to beat baldness?  (Read 3326 times)

Offline AH

• Learning the way of Sly
Hi guys

Putting together a book, containing short stories (min 200 - max 500 words) on people's experiences on losing their hair.

The stories can be anything, but they must be humorous, even bizarre (although they may not have seemed that way at the time) eg I once put black boot polish on my scalp to try and hide my thinning hair before a date. My date found out, and left the restaurant! I was devastated, but it actually made me do the right thing and shave my head, and I haven't looked back since! I actually chuckle at the incident now.

I idea of the book is to show the humourous side of going bald,  thus giving hope to others that they are not alone in what they're going through, and that it's completely natural, ok and cool to be bald! :)

Please send your short stories, with your name/occupation/city you live in, to: ahornall1@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks guys, look forward to reading your stories!

AH

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
Re: Please tell me your most amusing tale while trying to beat baldness?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 10:37:21 AM »
I never actually did this, but at one time was thinking about it. When looking for natural ways to regrow some hair it said if you put castor oil on your hair/head and wrap it in a towel and sleep for the night you'd grow some hair after the usual 4 weeks of doing it 2 times a week. They said not to use to much as it would be hard to wash out... That just seems really gross and sticky.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 12:59:19 PM »
I always thought bald guys were good looking and the second I realized that I had a bald spot in the back of my head and the front was getting thin  - - - -off it came  - - - -I love being BALD     never gave it a second thought

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 05:18:38 PM »
Welcome to the Forum AH. I never tried to beat baldness..... it was never a problem in my mind. I've always been a confident guy that enjoyed life.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 05:38:03 PM »
Me too.  I'm afraid I don't have a funny story.  I just chose to be SLY, end of story! 8)

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 03:51:54 PM »
I'm with Rob I chose to go sly also and I absolutely love it  :D

Offline DigitalGambit

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 06:25:48 PM »
Me too.  I'm afraid I don't have a funny story.  I just chose to be SLY, end of story! 8)

Same.