Author Topic: It finally happened...  (Read 11139 times)

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
It finally happened...
« on: February 09, 2016, 06:29:39 AM »
I've been sly for 5 months. I was looking through some old pictures yesterday and I couldn't believe how weird that I look with hair. So went and asked my wife to look at the pictures and she agreed that I look weird with hair. I leave you with a quote from a bald wise man "Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough."

Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: It finally happened...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 07:53:01 AM »
Well said. To be honest, I need to dig up some of my pictures with hair lol
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Professor Rorschack

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 09:37:32 AM »
I'm with you on that! However, I have the funny case of having to wear my Teacher ID around my neck at all times at school, on which is a picture of me from the beginning of the year with a full, thick head of hair and a bald face. It's become a funny little joke that my current look is the exact reverse of my picture!
"Mere longevity cannot render life meaningful any more than brevity has the power to make it meaningless."
-Peter Rollins

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 10:31:44 PM »
Well let us in on the fun!  Post the Before and Afters for us to see as well!

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 03:03:02 AM »
Before

After

Yeah i wish I did it sooner, but I also wish i didn't put on the weight in a big hospital stay and lots of drugs (dr prescribed), but onwards and upwards
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 03:32:57 AM »
Quiet Dan, I see the thinning in the first picture (didn't look that disastrous), but your after with the full beard and glasses looks much better! (but of course we all would say that :))

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 05:16:44 AM »
Concerning name badge .... my office made a new badge for me after I shaved my head. I walked in and said, this badge photo does not look like me anymore.  Will you fix that?  And the guy at the desk got out the camera immediately and made a new badge. 

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 09:03:29 AM »
OOh Dan;  that before photo is scary compared to the new you!

My vote is that you look the best in your avatar photo - clean shaven and without glasses.  It is definitely your younger and healthier look!

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 01:00:09 PM »

My vote is that you look the best in your avatar photo - clean shaven and without glasses.  It is definitely your younger and healthier look!
and gagged with duct tape!

Quiet Dan, I see the thinning in the first picture (didn't look that disastrous), but your after with the full beard and glasses looks much better! (but of course we all would say that :))
with the before I was trying to show both how much both the back and sides were going up top in the one photo, directly from the front it looked like there was a tuft in the middle of the bald, and from the back just looked bald. It was certainly time. (i was also trying to avoid putting a cute couple photo with the ex-gf up)
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 01:09:58 PM »

and gagged with duct tape!

with the before I was trying to show both how much both the back and sides were going up top in the one photo, directly from the front it looked like there was a tuft in the middle of the bald, and from the back just looked bald. It was certainly time. (i was also trying to avoid putting a cute couple photo with the ex-gf up)

So your hair loss was even worse than in the photo above? If so, you must have gone through some tough times!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 02:25:42 PM »
Awesome beard. It's a keeper!

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 08:08:02 PM »
Seeing myself pre buzz days makes me wonder what I was thinking. Wish I had found the confidence sooner.
If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...

Enter your email address: