Author Topic: 19 and losing hair dramatically fast for a year now, what do I do?  (Read 6739 times)

Offline Muskies28

• Learning the way of Sly
For a year now I've been losing hair.  Past two months it's been dramatic I notice hair coming out all the time.  I constantly have a hat on.  I'm a college student and am scared to death about people seeing a 19 year old bald kid. I don't know anyone my age balding like this

Offline Muskies28

Re: 19 and losing hair dramatically fast for a year now, what do I do?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 05:12:22 AM »

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 06:07:29 AM »
Welcome!

Looking at the picture, I see a little thinning, but I would try a shorter cut first to try to offset the thinning. If you don't feel better about the shorter cut, maybe try shaving and growing some facial hair? If you shave and don't like it, you can always grow it back. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 06:10:09 AM »
A shorter cut would definitely help. If I were you I would not go sly just yet.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 06:40:19 AM »
I think it's time for a short buzzcut. Buzzcuts are very trendy for young guys these days. Don't let your balding take control of you, you can control your balding. Down the road, when it gets worse, if you want to, try shaving. It will grow back to a buzzcut length in a few weeks if you don't like it.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 06:49:10 AM »
I was just thinking, are you under alot of stress? A few years ago, I was under an,enormous amount of stress, and noticed drastic thinning of my hair. I eliminated the stress, and the hair came back. Of course I thought I would shave my head one time out of curiosity, now I'm going on 3 years sly, and can't wait to shave my head every morning.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Muskies28

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 07:07:20 AM »
Honestly last year was probably the roughest of my life. A whole bunch of stuff all at one time. I'm not sure if it's connected or not but the hair loss did get worse during it all. Didn't know that was a possibility.
I was just thinking, are you under alot of stress? A few years ago, I was under an,enormous amount of stress, and noticed drastic thinning of my hair. I eliminated the stress, and the hair came back. Of course I thought I would shave my head one time out of curiosity, now I'm going on 3 years sly, and can't wait to shave my head every morning.

Offline kerryman

• Sly
  • Life is what you make of it
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 04:49:47 PM »
Its the start  of it anyway (baldness).Thank feck i'm no longer at that stage just when it begins and you have all those worries.I  was once in your shoes but it isn't that bad so far .I found the old rogaine did slow mine down for a few years.If you don't want to shave it of just yet get a good haircut that makes it less noticeable . Your hair could stay like that for years before the next stage sets in it's hard to call.You can also use the hair fibers which work really good once you have hair. At the end though you will have to shave its just a matter of  time catching up and you being ready for it not other people telling you.Please don't go near propecia anyway .I now shave my head and to be honest i wasn't man enough to shave my head at that age because i was worried what other people would think girls ect. Now i shave my head and noticed something NO   BODY CARES  .Best of look to you .Hit the gym as well and build up a good body  O0 O0
Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 06:15:56 PM »
well I am presently in Barber school. And what we always tell people with thinning hair is, "less is more!"   aiThe  shorter you cut it on the sides the more fullness it attributes to the top.  If I were you I would have it cut shortish on top (1 to 1.5 inches at most)  and get a real tight skin fade on the back and sides.  Once you get all of the hair off of the sides your top will

Offline Muskies28

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 12:23:16 PM »
Thank you for advice. It is much appreciated.  I think I am going to go for the buzzcut.  But I also am kind of worried about my receeding hairline.  Will a buzzcut make that much more noticeable?

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 07:54:10 PM »
No. Shorter tends to makes hairlines less noticeable, not more.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 05:56:16 AM »
go for buzz cut.  at your age long long ago i kept mine very short by desire.  really increased my self confidence also. 

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 06:29:59 AM »
Shave it all off. Go for it!