Author Topic: how is the art of shaving  (Read 3380 times)

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
how is the art of shaving
« on: August 18, 2011, 09:47:53 PM »
Iam in Chiacgo for a day trip tomorrow and i have a headshave booked at art of shaving in chicago, and iam going to look at their products, ive never had a headshave at the art of shaving ive either used floyd's 99 or independent barbershops for barbershop shaves.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
Re: how is the art of shaving
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 03:21:51 AM »
Let me know what you think of the Art of Shaving headshave.  I've never had a headshave there, but I have visited the boutique at Macy's (State Street) many times.  The guy at the AoS boutique I've talked to has an immaculately shaved head.

Red
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:43:37 AM by SimplyRed »
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline customdoors1

• Big Baldie
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • Pete
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 05:38:08 AM »
Guys art of shaving is top notch. It's expensive but worth every penny. Their stuff lasts awhile they say 6 months but being a head and face shaver it last me 2-3. I ve noticed a huge difference in my head and I've actually had people ask me if I wax my head it looked so smooth :-)
Big Baldie
😎😎😎

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 05:49:23 AM »
I had my head shaved at the Art of Shaving about two months ago.  They did a good job on both the head and the beard.  It's a little pricey, but then again as an occasional treat, it's worht it.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 05:31:44 PM »
Should have mentioned that the barbers at the Art of Shaving use a disposable straight razor and they take plenty of time to ensure you are smooth. 

Offline fcb2001

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 12:37:15 AM »
i actually enjoyed my shave because the products they use are very good for the skin, it is worth every dollar you spend and it is nice to treat yourself once in a while.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 04:57:27 AM »
Hey Greg, how about a detailed report on your headshave at Art of Shaving in Chicago.  Where do they actually do the shave, what do they use, etc.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 09:25:30 AM »
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the experience.

Offline fcb2001

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 09:00:51 PM »
well, the headshave took an hour, i was shaved both with the grain twice and against the, the barber took his time, there were several hot towels, and the shave oil and soap was all natural and the spray that was used at the end and the polish that was used to polish my dome was all natural,it was worth every penny.

Enter your email address: