Author Topic: Hair re-growth after going sly  (Read 5726 times)

Offline scotty-86

• Sly Jr.
Hair re-growth after going sly
« on: December 19, 2016, 05:23:04 AM »
So some of the members here may already know I shaved for the first time Wednesday last week. I shaved everyday until Saturday when I did for the last time, for now anyway.

The reason being is I am not confident to walk into work fully sly after my Christmas break.

One of the questions I asked in my original posts about if I should shave or not was the time it takes to grow back. I have also seen other new guys ask the same question.

So I am currently taking a pic each day for a week to answer the commonly asked question. I will then compile the pics into one image and post here for your reference.

Currently 2 days none shaved and it's already stubble. Although hard to see on a pic (as you will see)

Offline TheodorusRex

• Sly Jr.
  • Each moment is a place you've never been before.
Re: Hair re-growth after going sly
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 06:16:47 AM »
Don't do it, brother...   The inevitable is coming anyway... Get on board and practice some radical self acceptance...  Tell you're self - no complaining - you are NOT going to complain....
Started shaving November 25th, 2016

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 10:52:35 AM »
Pardon my frankness but;   that is nuts!

You are the only one at work who is going to notice the difference between your clipper shave and your real shave. (Other people have a lot of better stuff to do than to watch you all of the time.  Very few "other" people really give a "S___" about you anyway)

The only way to gain "confidence" is to grab it by the "_____'s" and wear it proudly!

Commit to the 30 day rule and you will find that after about the 3rd day at work your new hairstyle will simply be routinely accepted as "you"!

Offline bbc2012

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 02:27:47 PM »
Since you had a #1.5 buzzcut at work it will not a big deal to have a shaved head at work. Most of them won't notice the different. I had the same doubts 4 years ago. I had a 2mm buzzcut for a few months. After christmas I went to work with a shaved head, no reactions ...people accepted my bald head.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 11:17:51 PM »
 well I have the opposite dilemma I'll be going back to "work" on Friday after two weeks without shaving my head,   I had surgery a week ago and they put about 42 staples in my scalp around my ears so I haven't been able to shave either my face or my head .

this scars are really gnarly a lot worse than I thought they'd be so as much as I don't want to I should probably let my hair grow to conceal the scars is much is possible.

i'm going back to Barber school for one last day on Friday because I've completed my training and actually passed my test to get my Florida barbers license but it's a Christmas party on Friday and I thought I go back to see you guys one last time and say goodbye I hope it'll freak out when they see all the scars and ack and blue marks ! 

As much as I like the shaved head, and I've been getting a lot of compliments on it this time, I wonder if it really is kind of bad to be out there looking for my first job as a Barber  if, when it comes to my own hair, I have just shaved it off!.  perhaps  that is not such good advertising of my professional skills!?   would you guys hire a new barber who  just goes BBC ? 

Offline scotty-86

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 02:37:52 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys. But I have made my mind up that for now I will keep to buzz cut. I understand what you are all saying but I made the decision and now may as well use my experience to provide information for other guys wanting to go or try shaving. thats why I posted in this forum instead of the members forum

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 03:36:05 AM »
Hey, at least you tried it. At least now you know what it's like and you can always shave on a whim if you want to....At least you have the option to go back and forth, something many of us here don't have.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 02:56:33 AM »
As Harry said, at least you know what it's like. SBG was created to help guys accept going bald and doing what makes them the most confident. If you find that with a buzz cut, then rock that look.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 04:03:20 AM »

I'm not too good at selfies of the back of my head, but that's all I have left (admittedly a few laser treatments in)
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 10:16:22 AM »
I shaved and regrew a few times before finally committing to the sly look.