Author Topic: Almost at day 30  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Kromedome

• Learning the way of Sly
  • I'm just an ordinary man living in a crazy world!
Almost at day 30
« on: August 24, 2017, 05:33:56 PM »
 Hi guys, I just joined yesterday and find this site helpful to those thinking about going "SLY"! Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since I went "SLY".  I do like how it feels and the ease of getting ready in the morning but I'm still not certain that it's the look for me?  I've been shaving the dome twice a week, on Wednesday and Sunday.  I'm missing the flattop but I'm not missing the two - three week trips to the barbershop.  At this point I don't know if I'm going to start growing it out or keep it smooth? Trying to add a photo of me with my flattop and the "U" or "V" hairline that seems to be getting worse with age, this pic is from a few years back.

I'm just an ordinary man living in a crazy, unordinary world!

Offline Kromedome

• I'm just an ordinary man living in a crazy world!
Re: Almost at day 30
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 05:57:42 PM »
Here's what I look like "SLY".  Having trouble loading an avitar....

I'm just an ordinary man living in a crazy, unordinary world!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 06:01:33 PM »
Welcome to the group, Kromedome!

The flattop looked good...and so does sly! It's nice to have options to do both.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 06:37:47 PM »
Kromdome, I agree, you look good either way.  I think that you should keep it slick for 30 days to see how you like it.  I'm voting for the Kojak look, but you can grow it back after 30 days if you don't like your new bald head.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 10:47:54 PM »
 I wore a Flattop for over 30 years and I miss it terribly ?   I say go Flattop for as long as you can as long as it keeps the nice color that you have.   for how fun with it like I did for several yesrs.  have a shaved head in the summer for the Flattoplike in the Summer!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 04:56:13 AM »
Looks good both ways, although you do say the flat top if from several years ago ... so if you have advanced balding since then, the sly option might now be a better choice.

The Sly look, I think, is a bit bolder.  From my own experience, the sly style feels much better. Smooth on top.  And it's easy for me to keep it that way rather than the need to go to a barber shop.

Being BBC for over 5 years, I'll chip in for sly, if you're asking for an opinion.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 01:34:20 AM »
Welcome!!
Looking great both ways, but I like bald best!  O0

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 08:15:02 AM »
A flattop is a classic hairstyle that I think always looks good on a guy.  I tried one several times, but my hair just had too many waves and curls for the style to hold.  I spent many hours in front of my mirror with different products to try to get the look.  I think you look good either way, but I would suggest a little more length on the facial hair.
SlyBeard

Offline BigSkySly

• Sly in Big Sky
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 01:59:07 PM »
You're looking great bald!
Bald by Choice