Author Topic: Waiting for a beard?  (Read 4004 times)

Offline Crowex

• Learning the way of Sly
Waiting for a beard?
« on: June 14, 2017, 03:55:04 AM »
Hello, Sly Bald Guys

I registered on these forums about a year and half ago, when my hairloss was just in it's starting phase. Right now, I've got a diffuse pattern from temples to scalp and it's aweful.

I've tried Minoxidil but had minor results with it, plus an itchy scalp and wrinkles that were developing. So I quit. Then tried Finasteride, but felt different after just four days. I went on multiple forums and realised Fin was poison, that could ruin your life for the worst. I won't be messing with my DHT again.

As of right now, I have come to terms with my baldness. I'm planning to shave it, grow a beard and start working out a lot. If I can't have hair, I sure can have a great beard and body. I can't honestly wait to be bald, just thinking about it feels like absolute freedom of this disease.

The thing is, I'm not growing a lot of hair on my cheeks yet. Did you guys wait until you had a full beard?

EDIT: I'm just twenty one right now, about to be twenty two in November.

Thank you for the answers and advice :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 03:59:07 AM by Crowex »

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
Re: Waiting for a beard?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 06:30:46 AM »
Avoiding the drugs is a VERY sensible thing to do, especially for someone your age. Beards come in all sorts of shapes, so cheeks are optional.  Grow it out and see what shape and style your beard wants to be.  Congratulations on you positive attitude and good luck.  Post some pictures.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 09:05:43 AM »
Facial hair matures at different rates for all guys.  For myself, my cheeks remained weak until my 40's.  Some guys develop thick cheek in their teens.  My advice to guys starting a beard is to give it 13 weeks of untrimmed growth to really see how it will do - cheeks are often the slowest growing area and need more time for most guys.  Then you can make an educated decision on a facial hair style that works with your current growth pattern.

I suggest you do not wait on a beard to shave your head.  It sounds like you are ready, so just go for it.  Good Luck!
SlyBeard

Offline Crowex

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 01:37:52 PM »
Thank you for the replies, the both of you :)

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 04:14:26 PM by Crowex »

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 03:31:06 AM »
Yeah accepting baldness I think is the best way. I'm a guy who was blessed with a beard at a young age I started shaving at 13 only after being teased about my "mustache", I was growing a goatee at 16, but my cheeks didn't really fill in til about 25
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline J_Scott

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 01:09:34 PM »
I been able to grow a beard since before I began shaving my head, I'm actually fairly certain my messing around with monoxidil  is what caused me to develop so much hair on my face and elsewhere, as I'm pretty much there hairest person in my extended family.