Author Topic: I would like to ask which clipper is better for bald head  (Read 6851 times)

Offline MUSHROOM28

• Learning the way of Sly
I would like to ask which clipper is better for bald head
« on: May 30, 2017, 11:35:03 AM »
Wahl balding clipper or Moser 1565-0069? The cutting length of wahl is 0.4 and the cutting length of Moser is 0.1.

Thanks in advance for an answer

Offline _Dan_

• Sly Jr.
Re: I would like to ask which clipper is better for bald head
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 06:37:18 PM »
if you honestly are shooting for the shortest length (as close to razor shave as possible) then id make a suggestion of considering the top end face shavers i.e  the panosonic arc 5 / braun 7 series

granted they're expensive but personally i own the arc 5 and often use it on days where i dont feel like razor shaving or if my skin has got a bit too irritated (quite new to being fully bald). It get's VERY close to a razor shave smoothness. Can require a few passes over stubborn areas but once you get the hang of it, leaves next to no stubble in most spots. Where as the ones you mention will leave much more of a noticable stubble but if that is what you are after then obviously go for one of those.

Offline MUSHROOM28

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 09:27:29 PM »
I have Braun 790CC4 and  Philips 9711 shavers. Are you suggesting that i should use a clipper and after that to go over the head with a shaver? It's an idea but i would prefer a clipper that can do the job without going over the head after with a shaver. Shavers i prefer to use only for my face. I also want to mention that i didn't lose hair..the thing is that i prefer a bald head because it's warm.

Thanks anyway for your help.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 09:32:40 PM by MUSHROOM28 »

Offline _Dan_

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 04:07:02 PM »
it depends how close  you want the shave and how frequently you shave your head

a face shaver (or at least the arc 5 i use) can handle a few days growth relatively easily and gets much closer to a razor  smooth shave than any clipper would.  But if you only intend on shaving it once a week or so then maybe a clipper is the way to go. I was just pointing out that it won't be completely smooth as if you had shaved it with a razor.

There is also a thread at the top of this page that lists and discusses all the different clipper options that people have used

Offline MUSHROOM28

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 09:01:25 PM »
I shave my head every few weeks and i go over it with a razor(after i use a moser clipper)but i need to do it more frequently..if i will do more,ofcourse,i will not need a clipper..i will only need to use a shaver or a razor because i will hardly have hair to cut if i will shave every few days. The thing is that i also want an option to do it with a clipper in case i continue to be lazy and to cut the hair every few weeks instead of days. Right now i have a cordless Moser 1565-0069 clipper. I'm pretty sure that there are better clippers for bald head because a cordless clipper is usually weaker than a clipper with a cord.

Thanks again for your advice.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 08:23:47 AM »
The Wahl balding clipper would be a good choice for you. Cuts real close and uses electric.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline MUSHROOM28

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 09:33:05 AM »
It cuts better than other clippers(Oster 76,Andis,etc..)??

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 10:30:39 AM »
Does it cut better than the zoster and Andis ?  No but for average person they work just fine . The oster 76 is made for professional use , is real expensive and will last for a much longer time. Same for Andis.

Offline MUSHROOM28

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 11:55:35 AM »
The Andis is not expensive. Oster is quiet expensive. Anyway,i ordered the Wahl in Ebay. Thanks for the piece of advice.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 12:56:25 PM »
After you try the Wahl , give us a review.

Offline MUSHROOM28

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 02:20:30 PM »
Btw,an Oster 0.2 mm blade will fit the Wahl clipper??

Offline MUSHROOM28

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 09:20:04 PM »
I also got the Andis TS-1 for the finishing