Author Topic: 30 Days Sly Today!  (Read 5540 times)

Offline Zooman

• Sly Jr.
30 Days Sly Today!
« on: May 09, 2017, 08:45:58 AM »
Today marks day #30 for me of being sly, and it's taught me a lot.  Specifically:
I completely understand the need for the 30 day rule.  For about the first three weeks I went back and forth every other day thinking I was really happy that I had shaved my head or that it was a really dumb idea and I looked stupid.  By around the fourth week, I felt like I had finally gotten comfortable with my new look.
It was a lot harder to stick with it than I thought it would be, but I'm glad that I did.
People's reactions tended to be more positive or more restrained than I expected.  I'm at the point now where the comments don't really faze me anymore.
And finally, I'm not sure I knew what I would do after I initially went sly.  I think I figured that it was just another new haircut and I would eventually grow it out again.  I now realize that I love being bald, and I have no plans to stop shaving anytime soon.  I just want to say thanks to Tyler for starting SBG, for the wealth of information here, and for the support and positive feedback from everybody here!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: 30 Days Sly Today!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 10:11:20 AM »
Congratulations on your 30 days. It's a great look for you!

It's funny that you say you love being bald. There were so many years that having a bald head was such a negative thing, and men were considered to be deficient without a full head of hair. Most of us that choose to shave our heads really enjoy being bald, my how things change.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 10:36:57 AM »
Congratulations on 30 days sly, we may get here for different reasons and different ways but it's a great supportive community and we are happy to have you join us.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 12:07:19 PM »
Congratulations!
SlyBeard

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 06:45:48 PM »
Congratulations!! O0 O0
Am sure there will be many anniversaries in your bald future life!

Offline Zooman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 08:20:36 AM »
Many thanks Reddog, Dragon, Slybeard, and Zetaeffe!  It's great to be part of this community, and I am looking forward to many more sly anniversaries in the future.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 08:43:43 AM »
Congratulations, Zooman! In time, everyone will look at it as another haircut. Sly suits you well.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Zooman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 09:57:30 AM »
Thank you Sir Harry!  I actually think the people around me haven gotten used to it faster than I have, and I also imagine the day will eventually come when they will no longer remember what I used to look like with hair!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 04:11:31 PM »
Your earlier comments and sentiments neatly summarise what many of us went through back when we shaved. Hence the 30 day rule. Shaved sure suits you well -plus the beard -so expect many more bald years to come.
Roger